Heyy

Hey everyone I wanted a place where u could complain about ur problems and we could all try to help. but i had a question first. What do u guys wish you could change about our religion? One thing. I wish that they werent so strict. i.e. dating or hanging out. i wish parents would let us make our OWN mistakes and LEARN from them!!! EnJoY!! [move][/move][shadow=red,left][/shadow][glow=red,2,300][/glow]V*i*n*A

Comments

• its not the religion thats strict about hanging out, but our parents. and about the dating part i have to say i agree with the church...
  • same, it leads to problems we're better off without
  • yes that is very true, but i mean sometimes parents cant protect us from the harsh reality that is our world that we live in... if they keep TRYING to protect us, we wont know how to fend for our selves u know?
  • [quote author=Habeebit Ill Masseeh link=board=13;threadid=2453;start=0#msg38294 date=1126395192]
    Hey everyone I wanted a place where u could complain about ur problems and we could all try to help. but i had a question first. What do u guys wish you could change about our religion? One thing. I wish that they werent so strict. i.e. dating or hanging out. i wish parents would let us make our OWN mistakes and LEARN from them!!! EnJoY!! [move][/move][shadow=red,left][/shadow][glow=red,2,300][/glow]V*i*n*A

well i have a question if you were allowed to date then would you?? if yes why?? why would you want to date someone at a young age and plus you still have to worry about your studies and what you are going to become in life. my opinion is that the church has its reasons for having a "law" on dating. when people are alsmost done there studies and have a steady job then they ask GOD to help them find the right person for them. but dating at a young age is very risky.

GOD BLESS, René
  • Vina, there are somethings you cannot take risks in, you cant make mistakes in. that is dating and marriage, all i got to say.... :-\
  • hello vina...
    i don't think our church have anything wrong to complaine about or even if it wasn't wrong...and about the dating part...why do u have to date..and the thing about make our mistaks...we do do mistaks and we learn from them like when u do a mistake ur parents r not the ones who r letting u do this mistaks!!u r the one who r doing that!!
    GBU
  • why would u need to date u be their best friends llike comon i bet there no difference besides that u only kiss well go kiss ur doll or watever lol :P
  • Hey everyone I wanted a place where u could complain about ur problems and we could all try to help. but i had a question first. What do u guys wish you could change about our religion? One thing. I wish that they werent so strict. i.e. dating or hanging out. i wish parents would let us make our OWN mistakes and LEARN from them!!! EnJoY!! [move][/move][shadow=red,left][/shadow][glow=red,2,300][/glow]V*i*n*A

well, i've never thought about that be4!!!

why would u need to date u be their best friends llike comon i bet there no difference besides that u only kiss well go kiss ur doll or watever lol

hehe funny u!!
  • [quote author=bigmak link=board=13;threadid=2453;start=0#msg38317 date=1126420560]
    well go kiss ur doll or watever lol :P

u kno wat thats kinda sick... um u can make out with all the dolls u want , ill just b in my room watching sad romance movies and eating a jug of ice cream <<< since i am 104 or 103 or somthin im a little late for love
  • Dearest Habeebit Ill Masseeh,
    first I wanted to say I love your screen name, very nice name "Habeebit Ill Masseeh"

i wish parents would let us make our OWN mistakes and LEARN from them!!!

You might feel parents or the church is harsh. but believe me, they only seek whats is best for you. You are saying this now, but truly if your parents did leave you to learn from your own mistakes, you would regret the consequences, and say you wish they never left you to do so.

Parents only tell you not to do certain things, because they really love you so much, not because they want to make your life miserable. If they did not love you, they would not care what you would do.

If we know what is best for us, why did God then create parents? what is the role of parents? Is it not to watch out for their children and teach them what is right. You should definetly take the advice of your parents, because they are wiser than us (even if we might not think so sometimes ;) ) "children obey your parents in the lord" ephesians...

About dating, I believe that for "everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven" Ecclessiates 3, be patient, it is not the end of the world if you arent dating, and there really is no point of dating at a young age to begin with.

:)
  • there's no meaning to date when you know your going to get dumped...and then you lose self-esteem
  • there's no meaning to date when you know your going to get dumped...and then you lose self-esteem

good point!! :D
  • hey everyone. woooahhh i just wanted to start a topic because several youth in our church believe otherwise and i wanted opinions. please dont yell at me!!! :-/ but thnx for liking my sn i appreciate it!!! ;) onto a new subject, waht do u guys love most about being coptic? my fav part is the fact taht if st. mark came now and saw our church, he would see that NOTHING has changed!! lates vina!!!
  • what do i like that i am coptic...ummm...let me see...we are special thats what my abouna always say but i don't really don't know why...we love god and god loves everyone so i don't know why we r special than every1 else!
  • we are great christians than most...we behave in a great mood...usually most christians from all over the world think they are following the words of our lord...and they don't they sin...by: kissing, dating, doing wrong stuff...I don't know why they think that's cool, but it's not...and most of us christians do it too!
  • we are great christians than most...we behave in a great mood...usually most christians from all over the world think they are following the words of our lord...and they don't they sin...by: kissing, dating, doing wrong stuff...I don't know why they think that's cool, but it's not...and most of us christians do it too!

sorry if i sound mean but we rnot here to judge one another!!
  • no no you aren't mean at all, but I mean judging when someone is saying the truth...but also...what I think is that the catholics, lutheran, and other religions are not following the word of God
  • they r following the word of god but word by word!!thats why we r different!!
  • We all sould be proud of our Coptic Heritage.. We from the only Contry other then Israel that was mentioned int the Bible-- "Bleesed be Egypt My People" -- Copts Are Trutly Blessed By GOD!!

GO COPTS GO ;D
  • wow..what do i love about our church ? EVERYTHING...! for example i agree with vina...we are still rooted in our apostolic ways nd beliefs and nothing has changed...the beausty of our church is that we do exactly what the Bible says and do not stray one hair away from that. We kept the tradition of our fathers nd nothing ang no one can change that.

i love the strength of our church. We stand strongly for what we believe and stand strongly against what is wrong.

i love that our church is always there for us...unlike other churches, we have FULL TIME priests..not ministers who are "off-duty" sometimes (watch 7th heaven, ull kno wat i mean). our priests nd bishops are so loving, so wise, so knowing, so willing to help.

but i definetly love the fact that we will nevre change for any reason. our foundation is the Lord Jesus and we shall never be shaken.

O LORD PRESERVE YOUR CHURCH AND KEEP ITS GATES OPEN TO THE FAITHFUL !!
  • Blessed is Egypt My people (Isaiah 19:25)
  • amen to that.
  • Dear Habeebit Ill Masseeh,
    First of all, I agree with both parents and the Church, dating, whoa, I love the rules, it feels like your protected by your guardian angel, Second of all, I would never change anything, God made the 10 commandments, we need to respect his words! Third of all, they aren't strict, strict would be: DO NOT DO THIS, I mean they say it calmly, I think if you do think they are strict, I think your absolutely wrong, because Church is Our Savior's house! Fourth of all, what do you mean by hanging out, I mean there are parents that say don't do this because they are afraid of the world, like most people say the world isn't a safe place, I mean, Most people can't go the movie theatre, they can't talk on the phone, they can't sleepover, they can't go to anybodys house, they can't go online, I mean there life is not miserable, I am most of those things, and a lot of people would like to have the life the others do, it's a safe and healthy life, Fifth of all, lets see Boyfriend and Girlfriend, what is this, we do not allow that in the Coptic Orthodox Church, and I agree, there is no point to it, why can't you be just friends, you do not need to have one, is it to make you look cool infront of your friends? well, tell them I do not need this, Sixth of all,
    [quote author=Habeebit Ill Masseeh link=board=13;threadid=2453;start=0#msg38294 date=1126395192]
    What do u guys wish you could change about our religion? One thing. I wish that they werent so strict. i.e. dating or hanging out. i wish parents would let us make our OWN mistakes and LEARN from them!!!

Ok, the I wish parents would let us make our own mistakes and Learn from them, I think that should be changed if it was a real law/rule, who is going to tell you the right from wrong, who is going to teach you if you need help? Just remember!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • "Why can't we learn from our own mistakes."

These are words that unfortunately are misused by most teens. It is even more unfortunate that this is what we are taught in school. Could you imagine if everyone in the whole world tried to learn ONLY from his own mistakes. We would:
    1) Have a lot of mistakes.
    2) Make very little progress, because we would be repeating the same mistakes over and over again, generation after generation.
    -many famous scientists have said of their discoveries that it was not their superior intellect that led them to it but that they were able to see farther because they "stood on the shoulders of the great minds that came before them.

Would you like to live in a world where your doctor was learning solely from his own mistakes. Maybe they shouldn'thave so much formal training. It takes way too much time, money, and effort. Wouldn't it be easier for him to learn from his own mistakes. I don't know about you, but I don't want my doctor experimenting with what drugs to treat my pneumonia with, because he's using trial and error to figure out which works best for pneumonia.

Also, most of us were never electrocuted, but we know to stay away from live wires and sockets. It is the same with love and other things in this world. Could you learn the hard way by being burnt first, yes, but how do you know that you will survive your mistakes. Some have learned not to drive drunk, because they lost limbs in an accident. Do you want this to be the way that you learn. What happens if you don't survive this mistake. Would you have not been better off learning from other people's experiences.

Please, let us trust our parents when they say that this is not the right time for this or that. My parents were very strict when I was growing up and I am very thankful for this. Thank God for giving you parents who care enough to shelter you from the harshness of this world. Enjoy your childhood, it is very short. Don't try to grow up too fast. You have plenty of time to be an adult, and soon you will wish that you were still a child.

Also it is very dangerous to ask, "What should we change about our religion?" God's word is what it is. We cannot change one iota of it.
    "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away. (Mat 24:35)"
    If we try to change it we make the big mistake that many Christian sects have made. Once you introduce human reasoning as a reason for changing God's word and the Apostolic Tradition, there is no end. Why do we have so many denominations? It is because people kept making little changes here and there until the churches became so different. You can choose not to follow God'sword, but you cannot change it. You have no power to do so.
  • Thank you KBibo8, that is exactly what I wanted to say... you don't know if you could even survive these mistakes, and even if you do, you'll might lose something in the process, and you'll probably get really really hurt too...
  • [quote author=Habeebit Ill Masseeh link=board=13;threadid=2453;start=0#msg38294 date=1126395192]

all this stuff ur saying, Hanging out and dating etc... is mostly NOT a Religious issue it is an Expectation of our Egyptian Culture!

well, as a person who lives in the very Multicultural Australia, most people's parents are just as Strict, with all that dating and stuff..... man, there is so much strictness sometimes with other cultures like Greeks, my group of Greek friends (i must confess) Fast better than myself!
    anyways...
  • They are so strict because it is useless for your spiritual life to "hang out" or "date"

Peace

Bib
  • [quote author=biboy link=board=13;threadid=2453;start=15#msg40725 date=1129589149]
    They are so strict because it is useless for your spiritual life to "hang out" or "date"

Peace

Bib

I totally agree with you biboy, there is "no reason" for anyone to date!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • but sometimes it can be just so tempting....wanting to be like he other people!!!!
  • I agree with you all, but I mean, our parents cant keep us in their power forever. We will eventually grow up and face the harsh world and its realities. We will need our parents guidance, but they won't give it to us when it really matters. I brought up the topic of dating because it is usually something Coptic teens bond over. Around where I am from it is a major issue and people don't even know it. I can't say that I am perfect and because I am Abouna's daughter I don't sin. That is definetly not the case, but I can relate to what everyone here feels and you shouldn't be ashamed or embaressed. It is perfectly natural to have feelings for a memeber of the opposite sex. The challenge is controlling those feelings. I agree with Why, it is tempting, but I talk to some friends who are in college with dating experience... dating is an addiction and can be just as bad as drugs, alcohol, etc. Please pray for my sins and many weaknesses.
    Your Sister in Christ,
    always,
    Vina