Cloning

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Is cloning good or bad? Why? Is it in the Holy Bible? What do u think?

Comments

• im against clonoing. I MEAN, GOD DIDNT CREAT THAT PERSON! that person wasnt created by GOD, it was created by MAN. no! :-\

--chipsy

besides who'd rather be created by man and not by GOD
  • it's wrong wrong wrong wrong and wrong, creation is God's job not ours to mess with
  • yes i agree :D

--chipsy
  • yea but what will u do if ur son is going to die and u can save him by cloning him will u do it?
  • if your son is gonnadie then God whats him to die and his time has come and you can't stop it.
  • [quote author=corvettelover020690 link=board=1;threadid=2440;start=0#msg37889 date=1126053460]
    yea but what will u do if ur son is going to die and u can save him by cloning him will u do it?

First of all, like Kyrillos said, if your son is going to die, then his time has come, and nobody can stop that. Then you would be trying to interfere with the will of God, and that is impossible.

Now, if you have a normal person to clone, that is also wrong. It is not our job to make ppl, that's God's.
  • how about animals
  • same thing buddy
  • yup, not even a flower, they're all livings things, arent they?
  • [quote author=kyrillos02 link=board=1;threadid=2440;start=0#msg37891 date=1126054033]
    if your son is gonnadie then God whats him to die and his time has come and you can't stop it.

I agree with that totally....but lets say a Donor just came in willing to give your son a transplant that could save his life would u do it?.....

......Now lets say that transplant wasnt able to come in time and your son is lying on a bed and your watching him about to close his eyes and die.....but.... doctor has just informed you that there is another way to save him.....they can clone ....not your son but the transplant (such as a liver). They can clone the liver and save your son.
    Now remember...they arent cloning your son...but only the organ that he needs to live.....what would you say to that?....

(by the way i decided to add this just to spice things up a little...hope nobody minds)
  • for example...if ur son is dieying so....guess what?GOD WANT HIM TO DIE...non of ur buisness...and second thing creation is god's job not urs!but the thing that is really confusing me is why did god allow people to know how to colone a person??
    GOD BLESS U!
  • [quote author=arabianeyes link=board=1;threadid=2440;start=0#msg37993 date=1126149494]
    [quote author=kyrillos02 link=board=1;threadid=2440;start=0#msg37891 date=1126054033]
    if your son is gonnadie then God whats him to die and his time has come and you can't stop it.

I agree with that totally....but lets say a Donor just came in willing to give your son a transplant that could save his life would u do it?.....

......Now lets say that transplant wasnt able to come in time and your son is lying on a bed and your watching him about to close his eyes and die.....but.... doctor has just informed you that there is another way to save him.....they can clone ....not your son but the transplant (such as a liver). They can clone the liver and save your son.
    Now remember...they arent cloning your son...but only the organ that he needs to live.....what would you say to that?....

(by the way i decided to add this just to spice things up a little...hope nobody minds)

Oh I get, you want to confuse me don't you? Lol, jp. In this case I think you can because you're only cloning the liver, not the whole body. See, a liver can't walk and talk and breathe, only the human can. And only in a human will a liver work. When you clone a liver you are not cloning life, which is what you would be doing when you clone a whole being. The whole reason we can't clone humans because only God creates life, but a liver isn't life, only a human.
  • for example...if ur son is dieying so....guess what?GOD WANT HIM TO DIE...non of ur buisness...and second thing creation is god's job not urs!but the thing that is really confusing me is why did god allow people to know how to colone a person??

hey but God made us intellegent 2 save ppls lives like when some1 is ill u give him midicine so he doesn't die but u never say 'that's what God wants' and u sit and watch!! do u?
    and anyways if God wants that person 2 die, however he will because it's God's will!! and whatever u do won't affect it in anyway just wat God wants!
  • i dunno if this was sed cuz i havent read the hwole post... but it isnt gonna happen to humans anyway. u need a spirit and soul to live.... humans cant make either so it wont work. think about it.. if a human was cloned... wen he died he wouldnt have a spirit to go to heaven or hell...
  • yaeh maybe...and that will even be harder if u coloned ur son(not talking specific)becasue u caused him to go to hell!
  • y?
    is it like if your parents have cloned u and when u grow up then u'll realize that u r going 2 hell any way!!!

will u accept this?
  • in this situation...that will be ur choice just...i don't know...i hope no one does that!!
  • God has his Plans for everything.. if this "cloning thing is rite.. it will work if not God will stop it" Just My Opioion
  • so...god is doing that to his kids!!! :'( :'(
  • ??? if it is rite God will allow it to happen.. if not it will stop
  • u know what??????

it's just a really high topic, like i mean u need priests,bishops and those ppl to talk about it!

• that is true
  • Actually, regarding cloning just an organ for a transplant, this is still frowned upon. Why you might say? Because in order for a certain tissue to be recreated, ie. a liver, you need stem cells. Most stem cells that are able to become organs are those stem cells of aborted fetuses, which in fact, is frowned upon in our church. We do not support abortion. So, at the end of the day, I think cloning anything is against the will of God. Just my opinion. Forgive me.
    Mark Archie
  • [quote author=ArchM link=board=1;threadid=2440;start=15#msg38586 date=1126716180]
    Actually, regarding cloning just an organ for a transplant, this is still frowned upon. Why you might say? Because in order for a certain tissue to be recreated, ie. a liver, you need stem cells. Most stem cells that are able to become organs are those stem cells of aborted fetuses, which in fact, is frowned upon in our church. We do not support abortion. So, at the end of the day, I think cloning anything is against the will of God. Just my opinion. Forgive me.
    Mark Archie

Oh you have to abort a baby to clone a organ? Then I guess you can't clone anything for that matter...
  • well, in order to develop any extra part of the body, you need certain cells called stem cells. The main way to do so is taking stem cells from fetuses. But the onlystem cells from fetuses we can get in contact with are those of aborted fetuses. That is why stem cell research is a very touchy subject. Hope I madeit clear.
    Mark
  • clone a person all u want but u cannot no matter how much u try clone or destroy a soul. thats y its wrong.
    about stem cells: my dad is a doctor and he said it doesnt have to be from an aborted fetus and even if it is its only like a billion cells which is really insignificant.
  • Well, your dad is correct if he considers using someone's OWN cells to proliferate into a new organ. But I do not really consider that cloning because it is just cell reproduction of one's own tissues. I guess it depends on what people consider cloning. Regarding the idea of cloning a body and not a soul, I agree with you. We believe that we are not only physical but also spiritual beings who cannot live in the body without a soul and spirit. So, to us believers, cloning is useless.
    Mark
  • hey my teacher said it's like some kinda makin a robot hehe ;D
  • ur sunday school teacher?
  • [quote author=corvettelover020690 link=board=1;threadid=2440;start=15#msg38720 date=1126905147]
    ur sunday school teacher?

no...i think she is talking about a teacher at school...rit?