confession

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
what do you think of confessing to ur dad? like in minnesota we only have one preist,... mi dad and i dont always like confessing to him casue tehres things i cant always tell him casue i feel it might change something. what do u guys think of mi FOC? like i feel guilty when i cant say everything cause its gonna be counted against me but i dont know what to do? plz some opinions guys

Comments

• 1) CopticChica, I would prefer you didnt write in such a light font, if i didn't highlight the words i thought you had started a blank thread.

2) I know that in Minnesota you guys only have one priest, but like MarMar said, do you have another priest that you can go to in a nearby state? If so try with him. But confessing to your dad would be to awkward for me, I'd probably pick my mom if I had to choose. But either way they both don't have the experience and knowledge of a priest.... :-\
  • u can try and ask a bishop the next time one visits ur church if u can confess to another priest over the phone or online. otherwise, ur stuck confessing to ur dad.
  • otherwise, ur stuck confessing to ur dad.

HUH? How is your dad able to give you absolution?? Or is he a priest?
  • i believe she said her dad was the priest
  • Ow okay, I'm sorry :-[
  • im not sure, i could be wrong
  • what do you think of confessing to ur dad? like in minnesota we only have one preist,... mi dad and i dont always like confessing to him casue tehres things i cant always tell him casue i feel it might change something. what do u guys think of mi FOC? like i feel guilty when i cant say everything cause its gonna be counted against me but i dont know what to do? plz some opinions guys

No, she didn't say her dad was the priest, she said her and her dad didn't like confessing to the priest.

• oh, my bad. i misunderstood
  • np, ;) we're all here to help each other, right?
  • AMEN to that ;D

But ok, back to the topic:

CopticChica21, is your dad a priest?
  • you know what e have the same problem in our church but i have t ait to confess every 6 month when our bishop comes and i am sure thats not only me!!and also can i ask you a question?is the only priest your dad if so that might be hard for you!
  • sandra, her dad isn't a priest to begin with... ;)
  • mi dad is a priest guys and no i prolly cant contact anyone but i havent thought of that phone thing! thanks but does anyone have anymore ideas
  • is your dad the current priest?
  • This is tricky ppl....well...I know this is really confusing because ur Dad is the only priest in the area...(looks like there is only one church in the area)...and u HAVE to confess...but then what?

I would strongly suggest you talk with the Bishop of the area...very strongly suggest...as a matter of fact...u can confess to HIM if he agrees...and I don't think he'll say no...but then again...I'm not a bishop :)

May God be with you...and ask ur dad to pray for us in front of the holy altar....
  • CopticChica21, has anyone ever given u the Title "PK" Coz i know americans call the Priests Kid's PK's!...lol
    cool nikname anyways............. bak to the Topic.....
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=1;threadid=2376;start=0#msg36461 date=1125415415]
    sandra, her dad isn't a priest to begin with... ;)

thats what it says...read her reply after urs!!
  • well the bishob idea is a good one cause my frnd he a pk priest kid and he confesses to saidna