favorite psalms

edited July 2005 in Random Issues
Hey guys,
I think that psalms are the most beautiful prayers in our Church and they help us communicate with God better. I'm sure everyone has heard the phrase, i7faz el mazameer wil mazameer ti7fazak (sorry for the bad arabic to english translation lol) And God Himself said that David the prophet had a heart so pure it was just like His own so I thought it would be nice to share our favorite psalms so we could all benefit :)

Here's my number one favorite Psalm...(drumroll please)...Psalm 90! (91 if you're looking it up in the Bible) I read somewhere that this Psalm was the one to read if by any chance you felt far away from God, and I can see why... It's really beautiful:

He who dwells in the help of the Most High, shall rest under the shelter of the God of heaven. He shall say to the Lord, "You are my defender and my refuge, my God; I wil hope in Him." For He shall deliver you from the snare of the hunter, and from troublesome matter. He shall overshadow you in the midst of His shoulders, and you shall hope under His wings; His truth shall encompass ou as a shield. You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, or of an arrow flying in the day, nor of a matter walking in darkness, nor of calamity and demon of noon-day. A thousand shall fall at your left hand, and ten thousand at your right hand; but they shall not be able to come near you. Only with your eyes shall you observe, and see the reward of sinners.

For You, O Lord, are my hope. You have made the Most High your refuge. No evil things shall come upon you, and no plague shall draw near to your dwelling. For He shall give his angels charge concerning you, to keep you in your ways. They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you stumble Your foot against a stone. You shall tread on the serpent and basilisk; and You shall trample on the lion and dragon.

For he has hoped in Me, and I shall deliver him; I shall protect him, because he has known My name. He shall beseech Me, and I shall hear him; I am with him in affliction, and I shall deliver him, and glorify him. I shall satisfy him with length of days, and show him My salvation. ALLELUIA.

It's kind of funny because I hadn't noticed till now that Satan had used this particular psalm to tempt Jesus on the pinnacle of the temple...lets us know that God is always there for us... :)

God bless you all,

Your sister Mariam

Comments

• Greetings

Psalm 23 is like the Most famous Psalm... I remember Bush prayed it aloud after the September 11 bombings... anyways, nobody likes Bush...
    ok one of my Favourite Psalms is Psalm 141, from the Midnight prayer in the Agpeya. Its really good and relates to our Daily Lives.

GBU
  • This is my favorite it's a great verse!

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in his law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of the water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall not prosper. The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgement, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly shall perish (Psalm 1)
  • psalm 23 is my favorite "The Lord is my shepherd" :)
    and also, "The Lord is my light and my salvation" :)
  • Two of my favorite psalms are psalm 121 and psalm 150. Awesome two.

sleepy
  • psalm 121 is the best.
    'i will lift up my eyes to the hills- from whence comes my help?
    My help comes from the Lorf who made heaven and earth...'
  • PSALM 1 BABY!!!!!! LOL yea i like psalm 1 is pretty cool
  • actually mazza in the agpeya psalm 121 it says "I lifted up my eyes to the mountains, from where my help shall come, my help shall come from the who made the heavens and the earth
  • hi guys, im a basketball player, and im born on march 23, so i use 23 as my number, plus i like mj alot, so i use this number as my "lucky number", it follows me around EEVVERywhere, its ironic, and it shows how much fate i live through lol , i was tlaking to my friend trying to tell them which is my fav psalm, and i said the one about the valley of the shadow of death, and she said thats psalm23, tell me thats not awesome
  • I like psalm 151 ;D
    and 50 (51 in our bibles), its so powerfull and full of repentance
    nywayz, all psalms rock 8)
  • i would definitly have to say that psalm 50 is one of my favorites
  • My favorites are Psalms 21 (22), 22(23), 23(24) and 115 (i do not know what the Masorete number is). These form the first part of the Office of Holy Communion in the Constantinopolitan tradition, and a powerful meditation wrt preparing oneself for the reception of the most precious Body and Life-giving Blood of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

In christ,
    Adam
  • Psalms are awsome !! luveem all !
  • deffinetly psalm 13 i love how in the beginning david is like God where are u!??! and then at the end because of the faith he has in Him and the glory of God David is like woohoo!! lol i love this psalm alott
  • yer i like that one too...guys a hint..when u are in a depressing moment..or sad or happy..or anything..pull out an agbeya and just read psalms...U WILL BE AMAAZZZZZZEDDDDDDDDDd at the messages God will try and give u...ITS SCARY HOW PRECISE THE PSALMS RELATE TO YOU....