New Monastery being opened in Texas!

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hey Everyone,

The grace of God the Father be with you all Amen. First time poster ;D.

I just wanted to let everyone know, if you didn't know already, that the 2nd Coptic monastery will be opening very soon in the United States. It's located in Corpus Christi, Texas under the Southern United States Diocese of Anba Youssef. It is called St. Mary and St. Moses Abbey.

The opening of St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey will take place during H.H. Pope Shenouda's visit, on August 19-20, 2005. H.H. Pope Shenouda will visit the Abbey on Friday, August 19, 2005. His Holiness will consecrate the altar of St. Mary & St. Moses Abbey and will pray the Divine Liturgy on Saturday, August 20, 2005. The 5 monks, from El-Sorian Monastery in Egypt, arrived at the monastery on July 26th.

Starting July 26, 2005, H.G. Bishop Youssef will be at the Abbey every week, from Tuesday to Friday. Bishop Youssef will pray the Divine Liturgy at the Abbey every Wednesday.

Keep the monks in your prayers always because they are fighting battles we can't even imagine. The monastery is taking donations, so please give generously

If you want more info, check out http://abbey.suscopts.org

Thanks and keep me in your prayers.

Comments

• O thats So Cool!
  • sandra i want to tell you that when you talk about an anba you say H.G.(his grace) because H.H. is reserved for our pope only.
  • actually marrian it's his greatness
  • lol, his greatness?... ??? sounds weird...im pretty sure its his Grace ;)..when referring to a bishop/ anba.
  • congradulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=4;threadid=2234;start=0#msg35135 date=1124323445]
    sandra i want to tell you that when you talk about an anba you say H.G.(his grace) because H.H. is reserved for our pope only.

lol...what are u talking about...she did use HH for pope shenouda and HG for the anbas
  • rebana makoum and God bless you all
  • [quote author=StrangeD link=board=4;threadid=2234;start=0#msg33968 date=1122954967]
    I just wanted to let everyone know, if you didn't know already, that the 2nd Coptic monastery will be opening very soon in the United States.

actually it's the third monestary in the u.s. there is one in connecticut.

o it's not his his greatness, it's his grace.

irini pasi
  • you sure they have a monastery in Ct. I never even heard of it and i liv erit ein Ny
  • not in ct .. in texass mark .. lol we shoudl make a trip to go visit
  • lol my name is actually sandra im usin my friend susername cuz mine wont work, but some post before said that they had another one in Ct. read above, but yea girls need to go for baouna so my luck, my brother is actually in the monastery in cali right now, hes havin a great time, 10 whole days its heaven he says