how do u become a better christian

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church

:)hay people
how do u become a beteer christian. like i read da bible sometimes but sometimes after a while my mind drifts off,
and also in the mass your standing there praying and all of a sudden im finking of sumfin else how do i control maself and wat else should i do

thank you
your sister in Christ
nardin

Comments

• hi
    You can pray and ask God to help you to Concentrate.
    God bless you
  • thanks fadyna
    but wat else should i do
    any feedback??

fanx
  • hi
    you can go with a friend or any1 so that you can encourage each other to concentrate,it's harder when you are alone.
  • :)hay
    thanx it helped me alot for that question but other than that i listen to hymns, go to church, usually read the bible but sometimes i dont feel i am getting closer and i always read coptic sites
    does anyone have advice and do u know any other coptic sites

fanx alot
    nardin
  • Hi nardin,

This is a good question. I think we are called to evoluate continuously but there is no point where we say we are the best now. Because this requires the continiuous effort of our whole life until we meet our Lord. There are some tools which can help us to become better :

1) To apply the 1st and most important commandment which is to love God from all our heart and above everything (This includes always praying, going to the mass, reading the Bible, confession, communion and so on ...) and to love our neighbour like ourselves (This includes treating everybody even non-Christians with love and respect).

2) To be the representant of our Lord Jesus Christ on earth. This means in every situation I ask myself : What would Jesus do in my place? and act accordingly.

It's of course not always easy to live as we are supposed to be true Christians. But Jesus told us to walk from the tight road. It is difficult but possible. It requires a lot of effort.

I hope I partially answered your question.

May God help us to evoluate and live according to His will so that we can hear Him telling us on the last day : Come to me, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world.

Thank you and may God bless you.

Pray for me.

KF
  • hay ;)
    fanx alot that helped heeeaps ill keep that in mind
    and may God bless u in eveything

• [quote author=nardin link=board=4;threadid=318;start=0#msg3016 date=1086350192]

how do u become a beteer christian. like i read da bible sometimes but sometimes after a while my mind drifts off,
    and also in the mass your standing there praying and all of a sudden im finking of sumfin else how do i control maself and wat else should i do

thank you
    your sister in Christ
    nardin

Talk to your father of confession about this issue. It is a very sensitive issue, and shouldn't be done without the cautious eye of your FOC.

Matt
  • U have the book in your hand u trying to follow the events step by step, Easy u still kid don't run otherwise u 'll fall down , My advice : run your eyes over the words u can understand try to feel it .
    Is that what u want to say to God ( thanks,compliant,...)
    Pray it with your heart u 'll never forget it,The next time
    U 'll have new feelings,New prayers,New learning in being better christian in the way which our church draw
    If u said it is slow. I have Q for u : How old r u ?
    How much did u learn ? If u kept going in the same way
    u 'll get the same results that u have now (Zero) at the time of your death, So it is better for u to have little learning rather than getting the zero.
  • hay faithless
    im 13 nd i usually learn sum prayers from the Agpia nd sum psalms to say on da bus on my way to skool sumtimes i like look out the window and think o nice car but then i have to start again

pretty annoying but fanx 4 de advice

nardin
  • The same way , When i have Agpia in my hands,Sometimes i'm praying from my heart.Once i see
    beatifull girl OOOOOOOOOOOOO,then i repeat lord have mercy,Lord have mercy,Lord have mercy
  • I don't think there is anything wrong with appreciating beauty, as long as it doesn't turn into lust (very thin line). Just try and remember God created all of us...

• Dear:
    You are on the first step now. This is very good to feel
    to be close to God. This feeling is that because the Holy
    SPIRIT inside you tell you that. Hurry up and don't hesitate.
    Take the advice of abouna and follow him step by step.
    G.B.U. and pray for me.
  • faith, hope and love...
    read the epistles john, james, corinthians...etc
  • I'm wondering why i don't have REPLY ICON on my topic
    "Marrying a Catholic" .
  • faithless its a locked topic

fanx 4 all da advice every1

GB Nardin
  • In the Name of the Holy Trinity, the Father, the Son,
       And the Holy Spirit, One God, Amen
    1) We need to be vigilant, whenever our minds deviate and wonder away from God, We need to cry out for God's help.
    2) Sin comes through our minds that are why we need to be sober and run to God for help.
    3) The righteous one falls 7 times a day and the lord raises him up.
    4) We need to occupy our minds with God through prayers, Alhan, spiritual hymns, spiritual readings.
    5) The fathers of the church taught as to make the sin of the Holy Cross on all the doors of our sins; mind, head, eyes, nose, mouth, ears, hearts...etc. This way our entire being will be sealed against any satanic attacks.
    6) Our body must share in the revering the presence of the Lord, by standing straight up, by kneeling and worshiping whenever is due, raising your hands in the form of the Cross.
    7) Before reading the Holy Bible or praying, we need to take a break from the world by chanting a hymn, praying a psalm, thinking of God's mercy, love, salvation...etc
    8) On the way to the church it is recommended to pray the following psalms from the Agbia book: 121 (the Sunset prayer, eleventh hour), 83 (from the Sixth hour prayer), and psalm 14 (from the first hour prayer)
    8) When entering the church, pray with the psalmist, "But as for me, I will come into Your house in the multitude of Your mercy. In fear of You, I will worship towards Your holy temple" (psalm 5:7).
    9) When you reach the alter, make the sing of the cross, and knee down and worship (prostrate) three times saying, "I worship you, O Christ our God, with Your Good Father, and the Holy Spirit, for you have come and saved us".
    10) When you read the Holy Bible, or pray, do not just read, nor just repeat words turn it into prayer and try to live the words. If you do not understand stop and as god for help.
    11) Let your prayers be a normal, regular dialogue with God. Know for a fact that the moment you stand up in prayer, or open up the Holy Bible, that your are in the presence of God. In the presence of your Father, who is very eager to hear you and answer you, and to teach you.
    12) Always remember that god loves you. And treat Him the same way in love, respect, obedience and submission.
    13) When we speak with someone we love, how do we do? And when we hear someone whom we love speak to us, how do we attend to that person. It must be the same with God.
    14) Always recite the name of our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ, for His name casts out all the satanic wars.
    15) Do not pay attention to anything else during prayers and reading the Holy Bible except God alone.
    16) Know for a fact that Satan will do all what he could to distract you? But never despair; For God is always in our side.
    17) One time the devils came to St. Anthony the Great and beat him up, and dragged him down the mountain till the point of death. Finally, our beloved saint cried out to Christ for help. Immediately, the devils left him alone. So, St. Anthony asked god, saying, why did You leave them (the devils) beat me up? Our merciful and compassionate God Jesus Christ answered, "I was here by your side, but you forget to ask for My help. The second you cried out to Me, I took care of the situation"
  • hay ilabib

that was mad thanks alot because it really really helped

God Bless
    F.R.O.G
  • Please, all thanks are due to our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ. I am not who I am, but the Grace of God that dwels in me"
    Remember me in your Prayers
    the needy
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=topic=318.msg3016#msg3016 date=1086350192]

thank you
    your sister in Christ
    nardin

Hi Frog,
    its been ages since we saw u!!
    To be a better Christian u must repent your sins. You have to obey God's commandments also, honour your parents etc.. and also love your enemy as yourself.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=318.msg89075#msg89075 date=1212339954]
    [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=topic=318.msg3016#msg3016 date=1086350192]

thank you
    your sister in Christ
    nardin

Hi Frog,
    its been ages since we saw u!!
    To be a better Christian u must repent your sins. You have to obey God's commandments also, honour your parents etc.. and also love your enemy as yourself.

is this something with the french people to start ANCIENT topics?????  i have never seen any of the people who posted on this topic before and the last post is 4 YEARS OLD...