Will God change His mind!?!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Okay, don't answer that cuz its not what I'm asking...

What I mean is, during the liturgy we say God will give each one according to his deeds, but then who shall be saved??

Also during the liturgy, we say according to YOUR MERCY O LORD, and not according to our sins?!

So which will it be, cuz if its our sins, then whats the point of asking God according to HIs mercy....

I hope u know what I mean!

I know God doesn't change His mind btw, but ya, my question are above...

Comments

• hi marmar, this is my first post so i hope i get to know everyone here. well, in response to your question, i'm not really sure wat u mean but i'll try. We say to god during the liturgy that we are sinful and we are not worthy of his name but we ask that out of his compassion and love for us he has mercy on us despite our sins. lol does that help?
  • MarMar,

You pose a very good question. We all know that God hates sin, and loves righteousness. We also know that God loves every single person, for everything is His creation.

Throughout the history of the Bible, God has shown both his wrath, and his mercy. I believe we cry out for mercy because we are tied to this earth and prone to sin. We know that no matter how much we strive, we are weak and that we need his mercy to lift us out of our sin.

We cant say under what conditions our final judgement will fall. But we know that Gods judgement is just and righteous.

The main point is this: Cry for mercy, but 'be angry and do not sin'. Also be holy, just as Christ is holy. We cannot sin, and then cry for mercy.

God Bless...
  • Welcome Angelo Mishriki, hope to hear from you often!
  • Welcome Angelo.

Marmar, Again with the GREAT questions. seems somone is paying attention during Lituryg.

The first statment about He gives everyone according to thier deeds. (the priest says that part) To remind us of the hersey that says we are all saved by Faith and NOT by our deeds. So the priest, Doing his job, is reminding us that we will have to give account for our deeds (sins). God will judge us according to our sins.

The congregation responds. "According to your mercy O Lord and not according to our sins" Basically we are asking God to judge us according to His infinite mercey.

So God does not change His will. If God had His will all the time, Adam and Eve wouldn't have sinned, we won't sin everyday. There will be NO evil. But because God gave us and Continues to Give us our freedom, there is evil and there is sin.

I hope this helped.