Getting rejected

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Have you ever felt unwanted or not needed on this earth, your friends changed in a different way?

Well, please I would like to know your opinion!

And if you had the chance to look at this thread and reply I definitely appreciate it!

[glow=red,2,300]G.I.L[/glow]

Comments

• YES YES YES, it's like routine, lol

I have felt disregarded and useless, and these are all thoughts placed in our heads by the devil. Reject those thoughts becuase they are only harmful. My friends have changed, so have I, that's all part of growing up, you know? But some people change for the better, others for the worse. The only person that will never change is Jesus. Stay with Him, he longs for you to accept His warm embrace.

Hope I helped,
    God Bless,
    Christine
  • Rejection? Only the story of my life.
  • Matt 5:11
    Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Matt 10:22
    And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Luke 6:22
    Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

If you feel rejected by your friends, then they're not worth being your friends. I have been trough this many times, and trust me, just leave them. I know it may be hard, but I'm sure you can get thousands of friends if you want to. Always remember, this is a temporary world, as long as we're with God, nothing can harm us.

Also: it was a 'friend' of our Lord who betrayed Him.
  • [quote author=u_stole_my_name link=board=13;threadid=2204;start=0#msg33744 date=1122665184]
    Rejection? Only the story of my life.

Oh, don't say that. That can't be true. There are always people out there for you. I'm here for you. :'( :'(

sleepy
  • You have to remember that everyone is here for a purpose. God wouldn't create you if he didn't know how special you are and how precious you are to Him. Never ever feel that way. I know it's hard no to, I constantly go through this feeling, but remember that you only have a short while to be on earth, and if you spend it wallowing in sadness and grief, you'll never have the opportunity to honor the Lord by your acts. So, get up! Wash your face, grab your Bible, and PRAY! Praying and having faith is the solution to everything.
  • omg wer should i begin lol ;)
  • look, the lord works in weird ways, he does everything for a reason and u will find out y u feel like thatm y ur friends have changed.
    mayb its cus u hang round the wrong group and forget god, an the only way u would remember him is if something bad happened and u ask for his help an his guidance
    - remember god is wanting to speak 2 u so badly more than anything else
  • give it some itme... God has a plan for you... youll meet some new people soon... patients is a virtue! dont rush! ;)
  • everyone gets rejected from someone or some group in thier life. and u've prally rejected someone as well.

Trust me i go both ways! but if we learned to love each other..well then... every will be friends! Confusedsoul and I were talking and she made up this great poem!

maybe she'll post it for us. its about peace and loving each other!
  • lol.. i'd love to :) it might sound a little corney but it has a good point to it. it doesn't really match with the topic.. but the last part does. i hope u like it!

We all come in peace
    from north to south
    let good words
    come out of ur mouth

We all come in peace
    from left to right
    talk it out
    don't start a fight

We all come in peace
    from here to Japan
    give ur neighbors
    a helping hand

we all come in peace
    from west to east
    if u love ur enemys and friends
    the peace never ends.
  • [quote author=u_stole_my_name link=board=13;threadid=2204;start=0#msg33744 date=1122665184]
    Rejection? Only the story of my life.

OMG thats so sad
    i wont reject u God wont either
  • Hottegyptian is rite,
    if u have God in ur life Regection wont be a problem
  • My friends,

During these past few weeks I have felt so much rejection etc- Not one of my friends have supported me in my decisions and plans. " Dont rock the boat" "You will regret if u tell ur husband etc " ( on my plans to come back to Jesus and the Church). Yet I have remained steadfast in my convictions and have prayed for the strength to carry on in my journey.
    They do not realise the need I have as they are not religous.
    But then I found help and support from someone i never expected it from -
    These rejections are all put to test us -
    Thank God I found support and Im sure you all will too.

Ger
  • Yes Mar Thank you. Yeah its about my decision to return to Christianity and even more so to your Orthodox Church. Others cannot understand my deep deep desire and wish to change my life and risk what will happen to me as a resdult.
    But Thank you for the prayers and good wishes. I need them.

God be with you all,

Geraldine
  • Dear Geraldine,

Thank you for these lovely words, and reminding us that the Lord Jesus Christ is the One who is holding the boat of our life.

May God guide you to His Way.