Quotez

1235»

Comments

• [glow=red,2,300] Either flee from people, or laugh at the world and the people in it, and make fool of yourself in many things.
    ~ Abba Or~[/glow]
    [glow=red,2,300]Bodily things consist of matter. The person who loves wordly things loves stumbling blocks. When we loose something, therefore, we should accept it with joy and thanks, as we have been relieved in care.
    ~ Abba Euprepios~[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]The person who teaches others by actions, not by words, is truly wise.
    ~ Abba Hyperichius~[/glow]

[glow=red,2,300]In the beginning, there is struggle and a lot of work for those who come near to God. But after that, there is indescribablt joy. It is just like building a fire: At first it's smoky and your eyes water, but later you get desired result. Thus we ought to light the divine fire in ourselves with tears and effort.
    ~ Amma Syncletica~[/glow]

• It was not by chance that Jesus sought out a garden at night where He could be distressed and troubled and where His soul became sorrowful with that amazing sorrow unto death. Was it not in the Garden of Paradise that Adam was stripped naked by sin and went out from the presence of God, so that mankind in Adam entered into a state of separation from God and into death? Even though it is true that humankind experienced a full encounter with God in te birth of Jesus, this was only on the foundation of Jesus' acceptance of a full encounter with us. In Gethsemane, too, we met together with Him; there is no meeting more meaningful than that which takes place in the sharing of suffering, unless it be in the sharing of death itself when we touch immortality.

---->>Abouna Matta al Maskeen, With Christ in His Passion, Death, and Ressurection, (p.123 - Communion of Love)
  • :)

there is no meeting more meaningful than that which takes place in the sharing of suffering, unless it be in the sharing of death itself when we touch immortality.

Wow +++ !
  • God Is Love[glow=red,2,300][/glow]
  • Here are some funny{but so true}quotes: ;D

1) Give God what's right, not what's left!

2) "Pray" is a four-letter word that you can say anywhere (except in public schools).

3) Man's way leads to a hopeless end! God's way leads to an endless hope!

4) A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing.

5) You can't stumble when you are on your knees.

6) He who kneels before God can stand before anyone!

7) To be almost saved is to be totally lost.

8) We are too blessed to be depressed.

9) In the sentence of life the devil may be a comma, but DO NOT LET him be the PERIOD!

10) Don't put a question mark where God puts a period.

11) God loves everyone, but probably prefers, "fruits of the spirit" over "religious nuts"!

12) God grades on the cross, not the curve.

13) Are you wrinkled with burden? Come on into Church for a faith lift!

14) A family altar can alter a family.

15) Prayer- Don't give God instructions- just report for duty!

16) Wal-Mart isn't the only saving place!

17) God doesn't want shares of your life. He wants controlling interest!

18) Don't wait for six strong men to take you to church.

19) We don't change the message; the message changes us.

20) This Church is "Prayer Conditioned"!

21) When God ordains, he sustains.

22) Plan ahead, it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

23) WARNING: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning!

24) Most people want to serve God... but only in an advisory capacity.

25) Having truth decay? Brush up on your Bible!

26) Exercise daily- walk with the Lord!

27) Coincidence is when God chooses to remain anonymous.

28) Wisdom has two parts, 1) having a lot to say, 2) not saying it.

29) Never give the devil a ride! He will always want to drive!

30) Watch your step carefully! Everyone else does!

31) A clean conscience makes a soft pillow.

32) Nothing ruin the truth like stretching it.

33) You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him.

34) He who is good at making excuses is seldom good for anything else.

35) Kindness is difficult to give away because it keeps coming back.

36) He who angers you controls you!

37) Worry is the darkroom in which "negatives" are developed.

38) Give Satan an in and he will be a ruler.

39) For all you do, His blood's for you!

40) Forbidden fruits creates many jams.

41) Be ye fishers of men, you catch them... He will clean them.

42) Deciding not to choose is still making a choice.

43) God doesn't call the qualified; He qualifies the called.

44) "Read the Bible... It Will Scare the Hell Out of You!"

45) If God is your Co-pilot... swap seats!

46) In the presence of trouble, some people grow wings; others buy crutches.

47) PRAY: JESUS, I come to You - by faith - just as I am.

48) Worship not our blessings. Worship our Creator who gives us our blessings.

• haha nice one, jfranklin!
  • :) ;) :D ;D hay J Franklin thats soo cool top stuff man thats heaps good keep up tha good werk ;) :D

rabena ma3akom pplz :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-*
    FROG
  • hay J Franklin thats soo cool top stuff man thats heaps good keep up tha good werk

haha nice one, jfranklin!

Thanks guys.... :)
  • :) ;) :D ;D :-*
  • God resists the Proud but gives grace to the Humble --St. Augustine
  • i love this so much!

i asked Jesus "how much do u love me" and he streched his arms out wide and said "this much" then he died on the cross for me
  • Abba Antony said, "I saw all the snares of the Enemy laid out upon the ground, and I groaned and said, "Who can escape from these?" And the devils said unto me, "Humility maketh a man to escape from these, for we cannot attain unto it."
  • hay gys :) ;) :D ;D ur doin gr8 guys ;D
    here r sum but they rnt from saints

-Lord help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today, that YOU and I cant handle
    i lyk that 1

- Hold thou me up and i shall be safe
    -the eternal God is thy refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms
    -whoever loves god must lov his brother
    -sing a new song unto the lord
    -to every1 under the sun there is somthing to worry about or there is none if there is something to worry about try to find it if there is nothing to worry about never mind it
    -do all the the Good u can
    by all the MEANS u can
    in all the WAYS u can
    at all the TIMES u can
    o all the PEOPLE u can
    AS LONG AS EVER u can
    - happiness is the only good the place to be happy is HERE the time to be happy is NOW the way to be happy, is to make others so
    -Promise me my lover that every day U and I we will b together and never say goodbye hand in hand U and I until I die
    -in Jesus everything is possible dont be afraid! and u will c that the lord will do to save you 2day the Lord will foght 4 u and there is no need for you to do anyhting
    -if u meet someone and u 4get youve lost nothing but if u meet Jesus and u 4get uve lost everything
    -this is the day of the Lords victory let us b happy, let us celebr8! so dont b sad. the joy that the LORD gives u will make u strong
    -Jesus + Me = eternal life
    -there is no fear Jesus is near
    -all things work together 4 those who love God
    -draw near to God and he will draw near 2 u
    -in all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths
    -Gods word is tre
    to be truly happy you must have 3 things, something to do, some1 to love and somthing to hope for
    -what are u looking for cant be found outside of Gods will
    -come t ome all u who are weary and burdened and i will give u rest
    - gods way is the best way
    -Jesus Christ died 4 meNow may the Lord of peace himself give u peace alqays in every way.
    - when temptation calls u on the phone dont argue with it just hang up
    -when satan comes noking on my door i say "Lord... do u mind getting that ;) :D"
    - Gods
    Riches
    At
    Christs
    Expense

rabena ma3akom pplz :) ;) :D ;D
    GBU ALL :-* :-*
    ur sista FROG
    pray 4 me
  • Wow!

Great words packed with the wisdom of the ages!

Thanks for sharing FROG, a.k.a "the cool one". :)
  • FROG, ur way too cool
    thanx
    GBU ;)
  • hay guys how r yas all? :) ;)

thanx "sweet comforter" lol nd u 2 "+++" jenn lol u guys rok

rabena ma3akom pplz :) ;) :D ;D
    pray 4 me
    ur lil sis FROG :) ;) :D ;D :-*
  • Our humility is our surest intercessor before the face of the Lord. It is by dint of humility and penance that the last shall be first.

+ Saint Macarius of Optina +
  • Keep hell's torments in mind: but know that your Helper is at hand. Do nothing that will grieve Him, but say to Him with tears: 'Be merciful and deliver me, O Lord, for without Thy help I cannot escape from the hands of my enemies.' Be attentive to your heart, and He will guard you from all evil.

+ St. Isaiah the Solitary +
  • The most important work in the spiritual struggle is to enter the heart and there to wage war with Satan; to hate Satan and to fight him by opposing his thoughts. If a man keeps his body outwardly free from lust and corruption, and yet inwardly commits adultery before God, by fornication in his thoughts, then there is no profit whatever in keeping the body pure.

+ Nicephorus the Solitary +
  • At the beginning of every task, call on the name of the Lord your God, and begin it with prayer, that the Lord may prosper you to begin it and complete it. And from this it is evident that a Christian ought not to begin anything that is contrary to the Law of God, but only that which is in agreement with it.

+ St. Tikhon of Zadonsk +
  • Happy is the Christian who studies and follows the teaching of Christ. He is happy in this temporary life and in the life after death. Yes, he will be happy after death, because the soul does not vanish after death, is not perishable like the body, but continues to live, to exist. Through death, it is simply separated from the perishable body

+ St. Raphael +
  • He is a foolish traveler who sees pleasant meadows on his journey and forgets where he is going. Therefore let our hearts yearn with all our desire for our heavenly home, let them desire nothing in this world which they must leave quickly. If we are truly sheep of the heavenly Shepherd, and are not arrested by any delight along the way, we shall be satisfied with eternal pastures on our arrival there.

+ St. Gregory the Great +

"Hope, transcending servile fear, binds us to the love of God, since 'hope does not disappoint' (Rom. 5:5), containing as it does the seed of that twofold love on which hang 'the law and the prophets' (Matt. 22:40). And 'love never fails' (I Cor. 13:8), once it has become to him who shares in it the motive for fulfilling the divine law both in the present life and in the life to be."

+ St. Philotheos of Sinai. +

My son, be merciful in all things, for it is written, 'Strive to be presented to God as having come through trial, like a workman who fears no shame.' Approach God as one who sows and reaps, and into your granary you will gather God's goods. Do not pray with much show, in the manner of hypocrites, but give up your whims and do what you do for God, acting thus for your own salvation.

+ St. Pachomius the Great +
  • keep. smilin that was fantastic ;)
  • u meen grandastic that was brilliant keep.smiling i indeed kept.smiling :) ;) :D ;D

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!
  • haha thx guys, in that case, i'll keep going
  • If you reprove someone, you yourself get carried away by anger and you are satisfying your own passion; do not lose yourself, therefore, in order to save another.

+ Abba Macarius the Great +

Look at all the earth supplies in summer and in autumn! Every Christian, especially the priest, ought to imitate God's bountifulness. Let your table be open to everybody, like the table of the Lord. The avaricious is God's enemy

+ St. John of Kronstadt +

These three things God requires of all the baptized: right faith in the heart, truth on the tongue, temperance in the body.

+ Abba Gregory The Theologian +

"Let us place all our hope in Him alone. And let us cast all our care on Him alone, He will deliver us from every trouble, and all our life He will support us. Let us love every man sincerely, but put our hope in none; because insofar as the Lord keeps us, all friends also respect us and no enemy can do anything to us. But when the Lord deserts us, then every friend deserts too and every enemy grows strong against us. Even more, he that relies on himself will fall a mighty fall, while he that fears the Lord will be exalted."

+ St. Maximus the Confessor +
    Happy is the Christian who studies and follows the teaching of Christ. He is happy in this temporary life and in the life after death. Yes, he will be happy after death, because the soul does not vanish after death, is not perishable like the body, but continues to live, to exist. Through death, it is simply separated from the perishable body

+ St. Raphael +

There is nothing stronger than meekness, nothing more powerful; it preserves our soul in quiet, and strives to lead it as into a harbor, and is the cause of every kind of satisfaction for us; and nothing else can give the soul repose and great quiet as well as meekness and humble mindedness.

+ St. John Chrysostom +

"The whole essence and effort of the devil is to separate and remove our attention from God and entice it toward worldly concerns and pleasures. He works interiorly, in the heart, suggesting good works and resolutions and reasonable, or rather unreasonable, thoughts. We must not pay the slightest attention to these things. The spiritual combat consists in keeping the mind fixed on God, in not entertaining or approving impure thoughts, and in not paying any attention to the phantasms which the detestable, diabolic picture maker stirs up in our imagination."

+ St. John Chrysostom +

The Apostle has told us to pray uninterruptedly, without anger or passionate thoughts. And this is excellent advice, for every thought which takes the mind away from God is not merely from the devil but is the devil himself.

+ St. John Chrysostom +

The old man was asked, 'What should a man do in all the temptations and evil thoughts that come upon him?' The old man said to him, 'He should weep and implore the goodness of God to come to his aid, and he will obtain peace if he prays with discernment. For it is written, "With the Lord on my side I do not fear, what can man do to me?"' (Ps 118:6)

+ St. Matoes +

We ought to be subject to a rule of life, so that we are under an obligation to do what is good, even against our will. For we still pander to our passions and our pleasures, to the comfort of our bodies and to our own desires; and so the enemy leads our intellect where he wills

+ St. Peter of Damascus +

"Hope, transcending servile fear, binds us to the love of God, since 'hope does not disappoint' (Rom. 5:5), containing as it does the seed of that twofold love on which hang 'the law and the prophets' (Matt. 22:40). And 'love never fails' (I Cor. 13:8), once it has become to him who shares in it the motive for fulfilling the divine law both in the present life and in the life to be."

+ St. Philotheos of Sinai. +

Be true to God always and in everything. If you say the prayer Our Father pronounce each word sincerely, with reverence, fixing your mind and heart upon God alone, not paying attention to anything or anybody around you. If you say any other prayer, say it also with all your soul, not with your heart divided, not paying undue attention to anything or anybody.

+ St. John of Kronstadt +

There is joy in heaven over those who are being saved, and Christ, like the father of the prodigal son, makes a feast for his rescued child

+ St. Gregory of Nyssa +

Go and have pity on all, for through pity, one finds freedom of speech before God.

+ Abba Pambo +

May He who came to the world to save sinners strengthen us to complete the fast with humility, have mercy on us and save us.

+ St. John Chrysostom +

Many desire virtue, but fear to go forward in the way that leads to it, while others consider that virtue does not even exist. So it is necessary to persuade the former to give up their sloth, and teach the others what virtue really is."

+ Abba Isidore of Pelusium. +

The demons always lead us into sin by means of deceitful fantasies. Through the fantasy of gaining wealth they led the wretched Judas to betray the Lord and God of all; through the deceit of worthless bodily comfort and of esteem, gain and glory they put the noose around his neck and brought him to age-long death. The scoundrels requited him with precisely the opposite of what their fantasy, or provocation, had suggested to him."

+ St. Hesychios the Priest. +

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i guess that' s enough 4 now lol

Keep :Dling
  • Here's one concerning metanias

"The smell of sweat while praying is better than the smell of fragrance.

Mar Isaac the Syrian
  • Love is not an emotion nor a feeling. It is respect, to listen, and to put everybody else infront of you and you last.

Father Athanasius Kaldas