Bible/Saint Trivia

Comments

• Well, this isn't my own information, I got it out of the book by his grace ST. Athanasius. Check it out.

sleepy
  • hi

When he felt that his departure was near, he ordered his disciples to hide his body, to give his staff to St. Macarius, his sheepskin overcoat to St. Athanasius, and his slippers to St. Serapion his disciple. (http://www.stantonymonastery.org/saintantony/index.asp)

i guess those relics aren't parts of his body but of his belongings.

God Bless
  • lol hey guys, im kinda new to this site and its my 1st time posting something anyways... just thought if u guys would kno who the youngest martyr is...holla back
  • hay kiropidiakonos
    first of all welcome
    and is it st ceriacos

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • also st.mama was martyred at age 4 (yes his name is mama)
    i think keryakos was 3? how old was he F.R.O.G., do you know?
  • yea he was 3. His mom also was martyred...I believe her name was Youstina.
  • i think his moms name was Julita (youlita in arabic)
    also st mehra2eel died pretty young too, i think she was 8 or 9
    and st tha2ofelos was martyred around age 8
    :)
  • st mehra2eel died pretty young too, i think she was 8 or 9

wasn't her younger brother martyred as well...i thought he was the youngest one....or am i confusing both of them with another saints
  • ya i think he was martyred too but after her, i dont remember his name, do you know his name?
  • not really...nothing about him...I just remember she had a younger brother who was martyred as well
  • hey, i think st. keriakous's mother her name wasnt youstine... it was youlita i think...if im wrong correct me

in christ,
    kiro
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=195#msg33181 date=1122040468]
    i think his moms name was Julita (youlita in arabic)
    also st mehra2eel died pretty young too, i think she was 8 or 9
    and st tha2ofelos was martyred around age 8
    :)

ya her name is youlita as mentioned by princessmary

btw...welcome to the site kiro :)
  • lol thanx marianne, btw dont forget...keriakous thats my last name so im proud :P lol
  • [quote author=chiefofsinners link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=195#msg33155 date=1122007119]
    hi

When he felt that his departure was near, he ordered his disciples to hide his body, to give his staff to St. Macarius, his sheepskin overcoat to St. Athanasius, and his slippers to St. Serapion his disciple. (http://www.stantonymonastery.org/saintantony/index.asp)

i guess those relics aren't parts of his body but of his belongings.

God Bless

Yup yuppers! lol

sleepy
  • easy question, :)
    which saint was muslim and then coverted to christianity, as a young boy he use to see christians coming out of church so happy after taking communion and wished he could do the same as them

------------------------------------------
    there were 3 friends that wanted money from this bishop, so they made up a lie and 2 of them went saying 1 of them died and they needed money to bury him, when they returned home their 3rd friend actually died, so they went back to the bishop and told him the truth, whats the name of the saint/bishop?
  • The answer to the second is Anba Abraam, bishop of the poor. That was one of my favorites. lol

sleepy
  • yes u r right, great job :)
  • 1 of them is Anba Antonious Marcos i think, he speaks like a ton of african dialects, i thought he's the only bishop down there?
  • The other one is Anba Bouals
  • what about anba sarapamon in sudan?
  • marmar91, 1st of all how did i mess up the question, they answered before is said anything...and 2nd anba sarabamoun is not a metrpolitan, hes a bishop...thanx
  • lol no its ok..but i have a coptic directory here in my hands that says both of the anba sarabamouns are bishops so thats confusing too...lol but dont feel bad its all good...maybe u should post up the link where u found the info bout anba sarabamoun bishop of anba bishoy monestary, and ya ive seen him...he came with the pope last year...thanx...pray for me
  • ya...sry marmar u were right, he mustve been ranked that not so long ago cause the directory i have is for 2005...but sorry for the misunderstanding...pray for me
  • Marmar, it is said by some that he could be from Europe because Europe in mythology was a woman riding a bull, as in revelations ch. 17

17:3 "...and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns."
  • I have another one, and I think it's pretty easy.

Which saint, by his wisdom caused much jealousy among his rivals that they made false testimony about him and caused his death?

sleepy
  • st stephen?
  • im gonna guess...job?
  • haha nice answer
  • lol, The real answer was actually St. Stephen (my favorite saint...lol). Good job PrincessMary. Good guess to everyone else.

sleepy
  • I love St Stephen too