Girls who have their ears pierced (one hole)

edited October 2006 in Faith Issues
what does the church think?

Comments

• I think it became just as a tradition thing to Egyptians...because u get it on birth...so i don't think it's really that bad or wrong...because even if it is...u really didn't have a choice in piercing it...
  • i really dont think its wrong, i mean its not like you're smoking or doing drugs, it cant harm you. its a hole. i know some ppl will say wats wrong with the body god gave you. well i really didnt have a choice, i got mine, like when i was 3. so i think its fine, ALL the girls in my church have their ears peirced and abouna never said anything...
  • i dont think theres anyfin rong wif it- i got mine wen i was 3 so i cant exactly do anyfin bout it
    but earings are nice lol so i dun mind
  • As long as it isn't something that is destroying or disfiguring the body that Christ has loaned us, it's no problem.

sleepy
  • I dont think its a problem either...by the way just for future refrence...u can close ur hole if u just dont put anything in for a while...i did that axidently and then i had 2 get it repierced...it hurt so bad.
    [move]Monica[/move]
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=2127;start=0#msg32967 date=1121884430]
    As long as it isn't something that is destroying or disfiguring the body that Christ has loaned us, it's no problem.

sleepy

I think sleepymusician covered more backround information but I would like to hear other people's opinions
  • meh..I don't think it's wrong at all and I'm not quite sure the Church has a problem with girls having pierced ears as they've done for the past ages...we don't have a strict set of laws in our religion except those given to us ofcourse and we try our best to follow the path of virtue..there's a verse that says something about everything being lawful but not everything being profitable..I don't quite remember..maybe someone else does.
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=1;threadid=2127;start=0#msg33012 date=1121916912]
    [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=2127;start=0#msg32967 date=1121884430]
    As long as it isn't something that is destroying or disfiguring the body that Christ has loaned us, it's no problem.

sleepy

I think sleepymusician covered more backround information but I would like to hear other people's opinions

I am so lost. lol

sleepy
  • i think she meant that u sumed it up nicely
  • Oh. Well, thanks. lol.
    (I can be very slow in that tiny place called my mind....lol)

sleepy
  • There's nothing wrong with piercing one hole. It only becomes a problem when you abuse the privelage and start having 3,4,5, even 6 holes! The point is, you want to respect your body because it is the "temple of the Holy spirit." Everything should be done in temperance. Middlge ground is always the best, remember that!! One hole is enough, 2 ehhh...3+ prepare to get stoned :P:P

I hope you get my point, and i really hope i helped...take care, Gb+
  • Thanks marianne for explaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • i got 2 ear persings if that makes a difference...
    it doesnt change who i am, i still love God the same way
    i am not gothic or wateva, i am still egyptian
    u get wat i am sayin?
    keep ilt real
  • As long as you don't disrespect your body (which is a loan from God which you should return in top condition) then there's nothing wrong with it. Someone told me before that if they gave you a necklace you would take good care of it because you have to return it in top condition the way you recieved it from that person. Same thing with our body except we take better care of it because it's on loan to us from the king of kings. Therefore you do what you see fit, but keep in mind that in the end you will be judged accordingly.

sleepy