Accidental, but very serious....

edited October 2006 in Faith Issues
OKAY, so lets say u take communion, ya... so u accidentally spit during the day, like u forgetm and u go brush ur sin.. what happens??

Comments

• Hey MarMar,

Ofcourse we must all be very careful to watch ourselves after we take Holy Communion like dont eat chewy, go swimming, spit etc.

BUt if u spat once off accidently- u obviously cant go down the drain and swallow it up again. However, its not like ur gonna go to hell cos of it...and it wouldnt b a sin as such.

there is not much u can do after the incidence (hopefully God will take care of it)....prevention is the best

God bless

Pete
  • lol thats right its not lyk God will say ok remeber that day marmar ya ur going to hell for that lol no, God is a merciful God :) but ya as botros sed prevent it lyk u dont do it on purpose an dsay oops lol but umm ya and u won tget judged on eaing fetari food the purpose of fasting isnt wat goes in rather wat goes out.

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • My friends -

Take note that ye are dealing with a totally dumb person in these matters so - What are the rules involved after taking Holy Communion ?
    Sorry but if I don't ask I wont know !! Thank you all.
    Peace

Geraldine
  • Hey Geraldine...dont worry we are all still learning....

Regarding Holy Communion we believe that it is the TRUE body and blood of Jesus Christ (not just a resemblance or something)- if ur confused let me know and ill try and explain...

Since it is Christ's body it is very Holy and precious so after receiving Holy Communion we must not do anything soon after so that no Body or Blood is lost like eat chewing gum (any remaining Body or Blood may stick to the gum and be throwen in the bin!), go swimming (spit alot of water), brush teeth, spit.....etc.
  • Thank you , for explaining that . Yes i realise one is taking part in the Body and Blood of Jesus - but never thought of it from the view - to avoid spitting ( not that it would be a reg. habit) swimmi8ng etc. And how long should a person keep this in mind ?

Thanking you again

Geraldine
  • Just a note here guys.

All of these guide lines are set as reminders for us not to sin. Our religion is not that of rules and regulations. It is NOT a physical religion. It is FAR more supirior than that. I like to use this example. One of these guidlines is NOT to get hurt on the day of your communion so you don't bleed. What about people who have surgery? they have communion on teh day of thier surgery sometiems? is it wrong? Obviously not.

Remember, teh Letter kills but the spirit gives life. These guidlines are there to remind us that we had communion. You think if you are making sure that you don't spit all day, you gonna curse someone out? Or that you don't go swimming, so you go drinking? That is not the case.

Just wanted to bring that up as well.
  • Thank you people a real insight. Some day - with Gods help I will be partaking of this wonderful sacrament.

Geraldine
  • [quote author=Coptic boy link=board=1;threadid=2080;start=0#msg32389 date=1121377192]
    Just a note here guys.

All of these guide lines are set as reminders for us not to sin. Our religion is not that of rules and regulations. It is NOT a physical religion. It is FAR more supirior than that. I like to use this example. One of these guidlines is NOT to get hurt on the day of your communion so you don't bleed. What about people who have surgery? they have communion on teh day of thier surgery sometiems? is it wrong? Obviously not.

Remember, teh Letter kills but the spirit gives life. These guidlines are there to remind us that we had communion. You think if you are making sure that you don't spit all day, you gonna curse someone out? Or that you don't go swimming, so you go drinking? That is not the case.

AMEN lol ;)
  • What u sed is very important coptic boy...its not just physical limitations set by the church like dont spit or swim.....we must try even harder not to swear or fight or think wrong thoughts or commit any wrong deed when we have taken Holy Communion.
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=2080;start=0#msg32249 date=1121265320]
    but say u forget mashed potatoes have milk, or u didnt know that doughnuts from Dunkin Donuts aren't siyomi, which by the way, i just found out they are NOT!
    BUT YA THE QUESTION IS ABOUT ACCIDENTALLY SPITTING WHEN U TAKE COMMUNION, NOT DIRECTING AFTER, A COUPLE OF HOUR OR SO, BUT U FORGOT... plz help!!

Hello,

Well I believe during the Litergy, Abouna asks God to forgive us our sins...those which we have commited knowingly and those which we have committed unknowingly. so no need to fret :).

Take Care & God Bless
    Anna