The Holy Liturgy

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I really don't know how to explain it
When I go to church some people they do extra stuff that i do not know about it
I'm not religous girl I'm trying
say for example when abouna do with the censor some people they set down but the youth how knows that you suppose stand in this part they stand up.
another example when the priest or the deacon say "worship God in fear "
some people they just set down but one girl told me that we supposely make full madania
so there is a lot of things we suppose to do and we don't do it
so guys i need your help
another example when abouna say forgive me and he do a madania frond of us what we do just with our hand touch the floor and kiss it but what we suppose to do is to do full madnia to him
but i need to know more
maybe you guys you don't get it , i really don;t know how to explain it that much because whenever i go to church the youth they do extra extra stuff more than the people
i want to learn and teach me guys so when i go to church i can do it during the liturgy
i hope you guys get what i mean
please pray for me
thanks

Comments

• [quote author=USA_Yasmina link=board=4;threadid=2114;start=0#msg32654 date=1121586931]
    say for example when abouna do with the censor some people they set down but the youth how knows that you suppose stand in this part they stand up.
    another example when the priest or the deacon say "worship God in fear "
    some people they just set down but one girl told me that we supposely make full madania

everyone should stand 1st,all the liturgy of the believers,2nd when abouna have the cencer in his hand during the liturgy of the word,3rd and the gospel. but everyone should be standing at any other times.

when the deacon chants"worship..." everyone should do a get on there knees and bow, BUT because of the huge numbers of people, and the small churchs we have(most of the time) people just sit and bow their heads. the banches you see in almost all the churchs, are mostly done to make the people stand in order not to sit.
  • thanks for relpying
    but i like to know more
    other than the stuff you said
    i mean i said example but i'm sure there is more than that
    the youth that in our church they been to the monaster of saint.demiana that the girl side
    so they have a lot of things they learn there i see them doing extra stuff during the liturgy that not everyone
    I mean is there a book i can read tells me when i should do full madnia during the liturgy or when i stand up when i set down
    i don't want to just follow the people what they doing without understand why they doing that
    i have a lot of questions in mind that i don't understand i need an answer to do it .
    i mean when abouna comes with the shoria why people bow and do the sign of the cross are they doing that for abouna or for whom?
    why abouna hid us with the cross what that mean?
    when i'm in the church they confuses me they stand a lot and they set a lot. i stand up with them and i set down with them but most of the people still standing so it really confuse me a lot
    i don;t know when do it that what the right one that we suppose to do.
    i need guideness , your help
    waiting for your relpy
    and remember me in your prayer
    is there a book that can guide me and spiritual exercises throught the liturgy

• is there a book that can guide me and spiritual exercises throught the liturgy

oh yes there is ;)

http://www.coptichymns.net/module-pagesetter-viewpub-tid-1-pid-157.html
  • there is another one...i think it's called how to benefit from the holy liturgy by anba moussa i think...i might be mistaken thou and it mite be the same one hos erof told u abt
  • That book is written by HG Bishop Matteous