Philly Bible Competetion

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone here is entering the philly bible competetion this year, and what church you're goin with. Im goin with St George and St Shenouda JC. We got 2nd last year :-\ but were winnin this time :P lol.

-Pete

Comments

• YUP... Diabolic wars is my topic... St. Mary's church East brunswick... we gettin first... not u buddy
  • Cool im doin diabolic wars too. lol ;), and we'll see who's gettin first!!!!
  • St. Abanoub & St. Antonious in Bayonne ;)
  • Anyone else????????????
  • [quote author=Nahda#1 link=board=13;threadid=2108;start=0#msg32613 date=1121538460]
    YUP... Diabolic wars is my topic... St. Mary's church East brunswick... we gettin first... not u buddy

EB pride!
  • [quote author=CopticPete link=board=13;threadid=2108;start=0#msg32610 date=1121534180]
    Hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone here is entering the philly bible competetion this year, and what church you're goin with. Im goin with St George and St Shenouda JC. We got 2nd last year :-\ but were winnin this time :P lol.

-Pete

Sorry, Bergen pride. lol. We're going home with the gold!

sleepy
  • hey creme... wat church u go to
  • Sleepy, wat church u goin in with?
  • I'm going with your church CopticPete. lol

sleepy
  • Hey guys!

Best of luck to all--but i support bayonne all the way!!
    enshaala we can get first again this year! :)
  • hey guys, i'm not following this. what is a/the Philly Bible Competetion?? i've never heard about it before.

GOD BLESS, Rene
  • The Philly Bible Competition is a competiton held in a church in Philly. Every year they choose four books, and send it out to all the participating churchs. The churches in turn start studying the books and memorize verses and such and plan out a team of 7 to compete. On the day of the competition, the churchs go and compete. High school teams against high school and college against college. It's an awesome experience.

sleepy

P.S. Hope that helped a bit
  • well put sleepy
  • I'm going in Number. Btw, all i can say is:
    [glow=green,2,300]Bergen is definetly goin home with the gold, not the silver, and we're gonna crush everybody in our way. (ensha alaa)[/glow]
  • LOL, very Christian thought hahaha :D
  • thanks you sleepymusician that helped alot

GOD BLESS, Rene Beshara
  • [quote author=Coptic_Avenger link=board=13;threadid=2108;start=0#msg33565 date=1122484476]
    I'm going in Number. Btw, all i can say is:
    [glow=green,2,300]Bergen is definetly goin home with the gold, not the silver, and we're gonna crush everybody in our way. (ensha alaa)[/glow]

Amen ya rub. lol
    Anytime monkeyk, I'm at your beck and call. lol.

sleepy
  • Yea
    [glow=red,3,000]Bergen All the Way!!!![/glow]
  • Of course.

sleepy
  • ehh talk is cheap...y dun everybody go study..n we'll hit up dis forum next saturday night..n den we'll see who got sumthin 2 say ;-)

[oooo those r fightin words lol]
  • [quote author=Paulh link=board=13;threadid=2108;start=15#msg34342 date=1123388478]
    ehh talk is cheap...y dun everybody go study..n we'll hit up dis forum next saturday night..n den we'll see who got sumthin 2 say ;-)

Paulh is right, after the competition you can talk... May the best church win. Good luck guys!! By the way, I'm going with Saint Abanoub and Saint Antony Church in Bayonne, NJ.. See you guys there!
  • hey guys.. longggg time no post...
    sorry.. but UPSTATE! lol... its only our second year, but we'll see... im doing Numbers this year... hmmm..
  • guys I wanted to wish u guy all the best of luck!!I hope that the best church wins. Im with bayonne and i have Life of St. Anthony
  • As already said, talk is VERY cheap
  • so how many people are actually goin im from holmdel and im goin we didnt even get a book to study from yet THAT IS NOT FAIR
  • Not fair fih 3aynak. The books are on the internet. spiritualfestivity.org I believe.
  • yeah, and everyone knew about the competition for a while now... if you couldn't get the book just go online and it's right there... Good luck studying :)
  • yeah you expect me to study the whole book online? ill go blind besides they were like dont worry were gonna get you the books in 2 days so we waited then the 2 days came but then next week and then its NOW!! but im still gonna try though
  • don't be sure all of you, i know west side are really studing this year.
    am not in it but i know a lot who are.
  • Sorry to break it to u mena. but bergen doesnt even consider west side a threat :P. lol
    But who knows maybe u'l surprise us.