should we??

2»

Comments

• i guess it would depend on the message. I think he would tell you whether to tell any1 or not, it not mentioning specific names.
  • okay i understand know!!! thanks!!! lol u rock!!
    basketball
  • lol :).no I dont. I just try to help out as much as I can :)
  • well idk.. like when i have dreams like that.. the only people i tell are my best friends (you 2 know who u are!) and Abouna.
  • thanks you are soooo nice!!! lol
    basketball
  • Basketball,
    Interesting question. While I agree with most, I have to disagree with alot (its in my nature)
    God speaks to many ppl in dreams. However, not everybody get a dream from God. God also appeared to many ppl but then again he didn't appear to some.

Here are some examples:

God appeared to Abraham many times. Both in person and in a dream

God appeared to Jonah in Dreams.

God appeared to many saints in dreams as well.

God treats us in a way that we can understand and bear.

Also keep in mind that the devil sometimes takes the form of angles or saints to decieve people. The story of St. Youstina and Kebrianous is a perfect example. That is why everybody is telling you to talk to your Father of Confession.

I think that we must be at a very high spiritual level to be able to see dreams and apperations. It mostly comes during a time when we really need them (during the lives of saints they would happen accompaning healing of the wounds of martyers to strengthen thier faith).

So you want to talk to your father of confession to make sure that it is really a spiritual dream, not a trick from the devil. And to make sure that you are at a spiritual level to comprehend such a blessing.

Just my 2 cents.
  • I agree with Coptic Boy
  • yes i would also agree thank you!!!!
    basketball
  • my foc told me one simple thing to do, do the sign of the cross before u sleep and ask: lord send me a gurdian angel 2 protect me this night from all evil, all temptation and sin and let me sleep in peace if it b ur will

hope i helped ;)
  • wow that was really nice stuff!!! thanks again!!! lol
    basketball
  • "Demons often transform themselves into angels of light and take the form of martyrs, and make it appear to us during sleep that we are in communication with them. Then, when we wake up, they plunge us into unholy joy and conceit. But you can detect their deceit by this very fact. For angels reveal torments, judgments and separations; and when we wake up we find that we are trembling and sad. As soon as we begin to believe the demons in dreams, then they make sport of us when we are awake too. He who believes in dreams is completely inexperienced. But he who distrusts all dreams is a wise man. Only believe dreams that warn you of torments and judgments. But if despair afflicts you, then such dreams area also from demons. St John Climacus, "The Ladder of Divine Ascent", Step 3: On Exile or Pilgrimage (Boston: Holy Transfiguration Monastery, 1978) "

I guess that means my dream was from the devil and I noticed Pope Kyrillos was short in my dream.. now im scared and sad I hugged a demon in my dream or the devil himself.
  • thanks for replying!!!! lol
    basketball
  • okay i bring up something... when if the dream god was in it and he siad to go and take something to like your worst friend that you have ever had... would you do it? is god testing you? and you have to have a strong heart and faith in god???
    basketball
  • i think that will be the devil not god but pray and god will give you the right answer!is it god or the devil??
  • ok. God will not tell you to do something bad or wrong. But then again this person might be in trouble and God wants you to help them. Best thing, tell your FOC.
  • Everyone is right and the best thing to do is to tell ur FOC..
    nice question(although its complicted)..lol

Biboy
  • okay!!! now i think i understand....????lol thanks for replying!!!
    batikha-basketball
  • I think you should.....
  • yeah i do thanks everyone for replying!!!! and if anyone still has any answers please poat here!!!! glory be to god!!!!
    batikha-basketball :D
  • thanks for the comments!!!! :D glory be to god!!!
    batikha-basketball :)
  • nice words!biboy
  • okay sandra!!!! :D
    basketball
  • was i talking to you??
  • so when u have a dream that u are not sure about...tell ur foc and he will help u out!!! thanks everyone!!!!!!
    basketball :)
  • [quote author=stmark link=board=13;threadid=1995;start=45#msg31181 date=1120783912]
    I think you should.....

should wat?
    and r u really 10 yerrs old?
  • Exactly basketball and by the way... thanks for the compliment andrahanna (although it was very short ...lol)

Peace
  • thanks for explaing everyone!!! god be with us all!!!!