Bible/Saint Trivia

Comments

• [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=90#msg29927 date=1120179654]
    umm the centurion dus his name start wif r

umm i dunno

umm was it paul

umm revelation
    lol im reelly bad at this

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!

aha! so it wasn't your first one!
    lol, im just kidding ;D
  • yar i thoght the magician converted and bcame a saint

lol thnx for that lol

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • it was the saint that made the magician convert... that may help. :)

Hint: he is also a martyr
  • a3zam mawaleed ilnesa2- st john the baptist

the magician ?? kebrianos (st youstina made him convert)??
    or the magician simon in the book of acts ? the 1 that tried to buy the holy spirit
  • lolz where did i get anastasia from lol thats the 1 i ment st kebrianos and st youstina lol im way off track

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • here is one.
    We know that Jesus brought back 3 people from the dead.

there were 6 other instances of people being brought back from the dead. Try to think of what the instance was. Who was involved and as much detail as possible about them.

*Hint: 2 in the old testment and 2 in the new testment and 2 in the lives of saints.
  • Hello Coptic boy,

Actually three in the old testament:

1- Elijah raised the son of the widow of Zarephath, mentioned in 1 King 17: 17-24

2- Elisha raised the son of the woman in Shunam, mentioned in 2 King 4:8-37

3- The bone of Elisha raised a dead man, 2 King 13; 20-21
  • new testament
    1. Lazarus
    2. the son of the widow of Nayeen (cant spell it)

LIVES OF SAINTS

well st george, they burned his body, but God commanded the 4 winds of the earth to gather back his ashes, and he became alive again, and st george also raised a dead man from the grave

• From the lives of Saints:

Peter the Apostle raised Tabitha from the dead, whose name is ýtranslated as Dorcas (Acts 9:36-41). After she died, “He knelt ýdown and prayed. And turning to the body, he said, ‘Tabitha, I say ýto you arise.’ And she opened her eyes…then he gave her his hand ýand lifted her up, and …presented her alive.” (Acts 9:40-41). ý

Paul the Apostle raised from the dead a young man named ýEutychus, who “was overcome by sleep…[and] fell down from the ýthird story and was taken up dead.” (Acts 20:9) Then, St. Paul ýraised him from the dead.
  • I forgot something very important in my last post.

In the New Testament:
    Jesus brought back HIMSELF from the dead too by his own power.
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=135#msg30763 date=1120561802]
    a3zam mawaleed ilnesa2- st john the baptist

the magician ?? kebrianos (st youstina made him convert)??
    or the magician simon in the book of acts ? the 1 that tried to buy the holy spirit

you guys i want you to find the saint not the magician! lol :)
  • lol its written in princessmarys post wasnt it youstina? and i think in ur post u rote who was the magician

• [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=120#msg30581 date=1120483608]
    I, however also have a question. He was a saint, and a former magician wrote his story (he made the magicain believe in God)

It doesn't seem like I wrote the magician is the saint...
  • sorry bout that brain has turned into holiday mode and it wont turn back on :P na i fink i red the q. rong sorry
  • its ok... np ;)
    so do you know who he is?
  • umm nup do u wanna tell us?
  • wow u don't know?

St.Abanoub
  • hahaha all that tym we r full thinking of saints that r lyk hard and its saint abaoub lol good q. tho no1 got it
    any1 up for mine?
  • i tried... no luck :-\
  • safaa, PrincessMary and Tifou,
    great Job to all on thier answers, but let me clearify a bit:

Safaa, you got the two from the old testment. (sorry I forgot about that third one)
    PrincessMary: I guess my question should have said (aside from the ones that Jesus brought back) but you did get the one about Saint George bringing back a man from the dead

Tifou: you Got the two from the New testement (true St. Peter and St. Paul were saints, but these stories were mentioned in the NT)

So 1 more instance of Raising the dead Happend in the lives of saints. This story is NOT mentioned in the Bible.
  • Ooo, I think I know what you're talking about. I can't remember his name though. I remember that ppl wouldn't believe he/she was sent from god and his rose some1 from the dead and then put him/her back to death. This is very faint memory so correct me if I am wrong.
  • Dearest Christ4life,

He was a saint, and a former magician wrote his story (he made the magicain believe in God)

St. Abanoub, did make the magician which put the snakes for him in the room, and the snakes did not harm him, believe in God,

but the magician is not the one that wrote the story of st abanoub, because the magician was sentenced to death after believing in Christ ( he didnt record his story)

St. Julius (yolyous in arabic) is the one who wrote the story of st abanoub
  • oh, sry. ;) must have confused him with another saint. There are so many, its too hard to remember.
  • ya i know all the saints stories are somewhat simmilar, its ok no problem :)
  • what is the name of the soldier, whom st peter cut his ear off with a sword?

and did you all give up on these questions??? ???i posted them like on p. 4

in St. George's story, the emperess, wife of Diocletian, believed in Jesus and was martyed, what is her name?,
    and also the adultress that they brought to St. George, also believed in Christ and was martyed what is her name?
  • no clue, sry.

I'm not that familiar with saint George.
  • Princess Mary,

I think I have the answers to your questions. :P

in St. George's story, the emperess, wife of Diocletian, believed in Jesus and was martyed, what is her name?

>>> Alexandra

and also the adultress that they brought to St. George, also believed in Christ and was martyed what is her name?

>>> Susanna

Could you please confirm if these answers are right, please ?
    May God bless you.
  • yes excellent tifou tres bien :)
  • You're french, Princess Mary?
  • St. Peter cut off the ear of Malchus, Caiphas the high priest's servant.