Start Fasting!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
heey guys!
Just thought I should remind u all that we should be fasting now! ;D :P :)

Comments

• The begining of the Apostles Fasting,

Kol sanh wa entom tayebeen!!!!

ßá ÓäÉ æÇäÊã ØíÈíä
  • I can't sum my mom said st. mary's fast I'm going fast but she said siam i'll rousial lah, but I'm gonna sum tomorrow! enshalah
  • oh...i love your english coptgirl...you are so sweet!!

happy fasting for you all!! :D ;)
  • [quote author=CoptGirl link=board=11;threadid=1929;start=0#msg29162 date=1119291407]
    I can't sum my mom said st. mary's fast I'm going fast but she said siam i'll rousial lah, but I'm gonna sum tomorrow! enshalah

yes... many people do that... what a shame... this is the only fast that was mentioned by christ Himself...
  • i was just complaining about her arabic i love it!! :D
  • yeah everyone god bless you and happy feast!!!
    mary :D
  • hi

in this fast, are we allowed to eat fish?
  • yes we are allowed. because i had fish for lunch!! god bless you all!!! :D
  • [quote author=chiefofsinners link=board=11;threadid=1929;start=0#msg29212 date=1119311986]
    in this fast, are we allowed to eat fish?

First off: Happy Apostolic Fast Everyone.

To answer the question asked, yes in this fast we are allowed to eat fish but not on Wednesday or Fridays. In any fast for that matter we are not allowed to eat any seafood on Wednesdays and Fridays.

We can eat fish in every fast except two:
    -Great Lent (Easter)
    - Nineveh (Jonah’s Fast)

The reason why we can have fish during fasts is because fish generally don't reproduce by means of intercourse but rather the female drops her eggs and then the male swims by and drops his sperm, sex-free reproduction. And also fish are generally peaceful animals. However, these are just popular theories and I’m not sure if this is what our church fathers thinking and reasoning were, so don’t quote me.

In his name
  • hi everyone
    kol sana w entom tayeben

about the fish subject... i asked abouna once .. and he said that when the church fathers though about fasting .. they found out that we fast more then half of the days of the year .. so they came up with the idea of eating fish.. but im not sure why exactly the fish .. i rem he said sum about it .. but i dont really rem what was it.. and i dont wanna say something wrong..!

~Smile :) God Loves You~
  • Isn't there the thing about fish being meat and that's why during the 7 major feasts of the churh it's not allowed?? Oh well, too late now. lol

sleepy

P.S. Happy seeyam!
  • hey i started fasting i convinced my mom because the last 55 days i threw-up you guys probably didn't need to know that, but i kept going and for the apostles fast i started the second day!
  • thanks for that...LOL jp
    Yall have a good fast!
    keep it real!
    DONT CHEAT!
  • Siam-2 days left!

God be with you all!
  • Friends in God ,

As ye may know I am not of ur church ( yet) but I have kept the fast and have also avoided fish. (Its not a regular food anyway of mine) But fasting has given me a great inner feeling of strength. Its interesting someone mentioned that this fast is the only one actually mentioned by Jesus. - Where please.

Its just 4 days to go my friends. Enjoy

Peace

Geraldine
  • Hello Geraldine,

Four days to go!!!!!

Actually the Apostle fast is mentioned in the Gospel of St. Luke, chapter 5:33-36

33:And they said to him, "The disciples of John fast often and offer prayers, and so do the disciples of the Pharisees, but yours eat and drink."
    34: And Jesus said to them, "Can you make wedding guests fast while the bridegroom is with them?
    35: The days will come, when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast in those days."

So the Lord was telling them after My Ascension, you should start fasting.

• Thank you safaa.
  • I'm counting, but did ya guys look near anything fatari, and thanks sandra (lol) (about the english compliment) and be honest, I have
  • HAPPY FATAR
    may the lord bless you for fasting kolay sana wantou tayabeen!
  • [glow=red,2,300]REMINDER[/glow]: St. Mary's fast starts August 7th Kolay sana wantou tayabeen

[coptic]I hope you have a good first day of school those of you who are still in junior high and high school[/coptic]

Translated: *I hope you have a good first day of school those of you who are still in junior high and high school*
  • We just came out of a fast and already we're counting down to the next...wow. lol

sleepy