after 50 days

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
hey guys i have a question i was wondering what day does the holy 50 days end, and another question is say its during the holy 50 days and a bishop is coming do u still sing the easter hymns (with u know like going around the church singing ekristos anesti) with the bishop responces or do u just sing the bishop responces for that day. i'd appreciate it if u could answer this question. thanks,
joe

Comments

• Joe,
    The Holy 50 days end depends on when Easter was. This year, the Feast of Pentecost is June 19, which means that June 20[sup]th[/sup] will be the beginning of the Apostles Fast.

You can go to this page and it will tell you all the dates, you just have to put the year.
    http://www.copticchurch.net/easter.html#Easter

As for having a Bishop in your church, that shouldn't matter, in fact he will go around in the procession holding teh censor like a priest would. You say both responses for Easter and for his presence. You say "Ekezmarout" as he is walking in, you say "ni Saviv" before the servant's absolution. You can say "Pihmot Ghar" before the arabic/english Pauline Epistle. and you still say "akietchi" during the concluding hymn. A bishop, Metropolitan or Pope's presence will not alter the tradition of the church.
    I hope this helped. If you have any more questions, let me know.
  • hey man thanks alot coptic boy this helps alot, and the bishop that is coming this weekend is bishop tadros. just thought to let u know thanks again man,
    joe