garden of eden in iraq?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
according to the bible, the hebrew nation started with Abraham in mesopotamia which is present day iraq. i've also heard something about the garden of eden being in iraq which would make sense considering Abraham was there, but can anyone find the biblical evidence to go along with this? are there arguements against it?

Comments

• Yes, I remember hearing about this as well. They say that the river in the Garden of Eden is the Euphrates and Tigris river of Iraq. I got this from http://www.gotquestions.org/garden-of-Eden-location.html.

The only thing the Bible tells us concerning the Garden of Eden’s location is found in Genesis 2:10-14, “A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold…The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.” The exact identities of the Pishon and Havilah rivers is unknown, but the Tigris and Euphrates rivers are well known. If the Tigris and Euphrates mentioned there are the same rivers by those names today, that would put the Garden of Eden somewhere in the middle east, likely in Iraq. People have searched for the Garden of Eden for centuries to no avail. There are various locations that people claim to be the original location of the Garden of Eden, but we cannot be sure. What happened to the Garden of Eden? The Bible does not specifically say. It is likely that the Garden of Eden was completely destroyed in the Flood.

• we were talking about this recently in our youth meeting, it is also likely that the place was named after the Bible as muslims also believed in the story of Adam and Eve and Abraham, so it is possible they simply named that river after the scripture.
  • Correct me if im rong... but doesn't it say that wen Adam and Eve commited sin... they were kicked out of Eden which was paradise. Paradise isnt on earth so i dont think that its in iraq but im not sure... never thought of it :-[ till now
  • This was an email i got months ago regarding iraq and the bible.

IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

1. The Garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of
    civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of
    Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus
    had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the
    wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive
    into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called
    Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often
    mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It
    is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible.
    The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and
    Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more
    exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq,
    means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant
    country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy
    associated it than Iraq.

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is
    typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his
    Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
    fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the
    lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair
    still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands
    of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !
  • Hummm, can I get somebody to assure me this isn't a real prophecy?

Mike
  • Hey,

About the "prophecy", well for one thing the Eagle is a symbol for many countries. Yes the United States uses the eagle as its symbol but so do a lot of arab countries. If you have an Egyptian passport look at the front, its got a gold eagle on it. If you've ever gotten an official paper from the government of Egypt, it has an eagle stamped at the top. Even Iraq itself uses the eagle as a symbol. If you've ever seen Saddam or Iraqi military on TV they wear berets with a gold eagle printed on the front. So technically that could mean that Egypt or Iraq will "cleanse" the land of Allah, and that doesn't make much sense. Let's not also forget that the Koran is the work of satan and we should be weary of reading too closely into something satanic.

Cheers,
    Fadi
  • Ya, the koran is porbably a very complex work made by lucifer to reply to the Bible, it's like the lucifer religion.

Mike