Views on dating?

Comments

• lolll...um...mayybe.....yeah, its me..lol...keep it on da d/l tho...lol
  • lol dont worry
    i'll keep it on da DL if u keep mine on da DL 2. im marinay. i just registered 2day tho.
  • deal! ;)
  • Varies- I think it varies depending on parents
    I know parents who let their daughters date
    I know parents who don’t let their daughters talk to guys

Even amongst the same religion there is much variation! Depends on your own set of morals, ethnics and spiritual level.
    :)
  • thats true....but somebody's morals aren't always right. and just a little side comment....from a guys perspective. if ur still young and going into a relationship wit a girl and u start dating and all that...just be ready to get hurt really really bad...and to have quite a few nights without sleep. the view on dating is a part of ethics and morals...that is true...but are those morals the same morals God has?

sorry to bring up the subject again..if u guys want we could end it here.
  • Hey Guys, I think we need to reopen that "forever closed"

WHO'S UP FOR ANOTHER SWEET 11 PAGES????

LOL!

DEFENDER!
  • what defender was getting is that in the posting church youth going down a hill we started talking about dating in the middle and we had this converstation going on

if still more people are inquiring about dating that means we haven't covered everything, right??

Just a thought!

Defender!

-----------------------------------------------------
    no trust me weve covered EVERYTHING
    egyprincess
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Mark423

It isn’t an inquiry; it’s an attempt to find security for their sin. And I am DONE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    well, protection for a sin is not what I am for, but sometimes people need to know where the border is??

U know what I mean??

Defender

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i know what you mean defender. And i think there is a border to dating. i know Mark and egyprincess are going to kill me and get mad at me for saying this but as long as our church doesn't put out an offical statement about dating so many different opionions (including clergy opinions) are going to come up some which are right and some which are wrong. And each side will have enough evidence to back up their side.

wfhanna1

• ok...u guys can consider this an OFFICIAL intervention..
    no... dating in the youth concept is wrong
    yes... dating in the MATURE ADULT who is perparing for marraige idea is perfectly ok
    no... you will never come up with enough evidence to say that dating (in the same immature concept) is right... that's like me trying to justify to you that currently... the sky is green... a marvelous shade of green.. even though it isn't
    yes... dating when you are emotionally,mentally,physically, and financially ready is perfectly fine with the guidance of your father of confession
    no.... dating will never be ok under the context of two teenagers who exhibit none of the qualities needed to maintain a healthy relationship/marriage
    yes... i'm done ranting
    no... i will not sit by idly while we basically all say the same thing while other people might be taking this as a division amongst us and using it as an excuse as "welll... they didn't prove it was wrong"....
    if you wanna be dating then go talk to abouna... if you can't go talk to abouna then you're definetly not mature enough to take a relationship seriously enough to even Consider dating.
  • AMEN!!!! and all that has been said at least 10 times in the past 11 pages.
  • ppl, ignore this thread and start working on the one started by me, also called views on dating, the purpose here is to decide exactly where the border is, and I think I'll probably take all the results from the new 'views on dating and make a little booklet out of it!!

May God guide us to His way!!

Defender!
  • i know we closed this thread
    but i just wanted to say:
    Marys..... AWESOMELY PUT!!!! :D
  • I think I should be allow to date.

CS
  • r u kidding or are u seriuos?! :'( :-\ :( :o ???
  • If you really think you're ready for it, then go for it.

May God help us all to know when it is the true time for engagement and guide us to understand His Word and Philanthropy.

In the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit,
    And Sacred Brotherhood,
    - Chris
  • Why not, I know how old CS is, and when I'm as old as he is, I'll date too, even get engaged..

defender
  • Why not? Why don’t you read the previous 150 posts on this topic and it might give you about 50 reasons ‘why not’. CS was joking by the way...
  • Sorry for the windup post, I should have learned my lesson by now, I'm in my twenties... :-X

CS
  • He is in his mid-twenties, I'd date when I'm that old becayuse I will be dating to find me a girl I could get engaged to and marry!

pray 4 me

defender
  • Defender!... when that time comes buddy... c ur Father of Confession, and do as u plz... :)
  • WHEN IS THE FRIKKIN TIME???

No, jk

Yup, I know, I wasn't thinking about dating anytime soon though, I just like debating

Defender
  • well... u really get on my nerves when u do it
    u to CS
    lol jp jp... but u've achieved ur goal i guess
  • lol.

(people who freak out when I only write one word in a post plz ignore this post!!!)

Defender
  • [quote author=Defender! link=board=1;threadid=22;start=165#msg2410 date=1085440411]
    WHEN IS THE FRIKKIN TIME???

No, jk

Yup, I know, I wasn't thinking about dating anytime soon though, I just like debating

Defender

Hahahaha, isn't this forum all about debating? There's controversy to every string attached to it. lol. ;)

sleepy
  • It sure is, and by the way, sleepymusician, ur on fire, ur posting so much, u'll be a super emember in no time...

Reminding me when I first signed up :'( good ol' times.....(the good ol' times was last 2 weeks)

lol

Defender
  • Hahaha, sorry Defender!
    I just happened to have a lot of free time at this moment, and thought to make good use of it. lol. ;D

sleepy
  • so, r we opening this thread again ;)
  • how about we all ignore her till summer break is over and she gets buzy again and doesnt have to open up dating threads again? ;) ;) ;)
    who's with me? hmmm... lol :P :D
  • hey, im only trying to help and learn.

maybe i could figure out y people date and find a way to convice them not to
  • People always want to do what they're not supposed to. I wish we could, but we can't fix everyone's mistakes.

sleepy
    P.S. I know those aren't your intentions, don't misjudge my words. :)
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=22;start=180#msg4405 date=1087961903]
    People always want to do what they're not supposed to. I wish we could, but we can't fix everyone's mistakes.

sleepy
    P.S. I know those aren't your intentions, don't misjudge my words. :)

wat do u mean sleepy? u confused me