Easter (another one)

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
i have a question. If easter is about Resurrection why is there an egg and bunnies and stuff. what does that have to do with Resurrecting from the dead? thank you and MAY GOD BLESS YOU

Comments

• well on another forum a simmilar topic was posted....i think the bunnies r just a symbol of the spring time because easter comes in the spring but it isnt related to the resurrection but the egg is a symbol of resurrection...tradition says..i think that
    after Jesus ascended, St. Mary Magdalene went to Rome and she was telling Caesar about how Jesus rose from the dead. But he didnt believe her, so to help explain His resurrection she took an egg and showed him that if an egg can hatch out of its shell than so can Jesus get out of the tomb...
  • Well i have a question for you. If easter Christmas is about Resurrection the birth of Christ why is there an egg a Santa Clause and bunnies elfs and reindeer and stuff?

Well today's society has deteriorated the true meaning of most of these Holy days. In order to attract many people, society has turned these very important events into time of parties, fun, games, and shopping. Usually you will find most of these events accompanied with sales in shopping centres. This whole deal of bunnies and eggs, although they have an indirect meaning, the society does not look at that, but seeks the financial benefit rather than spiritual. Not to discourage you or anything, but one, while enjoying all of this, should at least remember the true meaning of these very Holy days. Agape

Avvaantoni
  • Well see. St. Nicholas existed and he's the spirit of Christmas that survived through the ages...unfortunatl Cocacola, susidized this holy man into a commerical scam
  • wel cus some don believe in the true meaning of easter an becasue its a public holiday they try to make a "modern meaning" out of it- something they can celebrate. live some1 jus said y is there santa, i know cus of st nic an all but its more of a fun celebration for 'mainly' little children
  • or simply commerialize it so tha managment can make a few extra bucks off the working class and the people of the Eastern world.
  • well ya obviously people want to make money off anything but also i read that some of the stuff actually has meaning behind it

like the candy canes r red and white, red representing the blood that God shed for us, and white representing that God is pure, and without sin, so He came to wash all our sins away

and the Christmas tree represents the burning bush (St. Mary)or it being an "ever-green" tree represents that st.mary was "ever-virgin".....
    i mean obviously some things r nonsense ....flying reindeer! but it just makes it more fun for little kids...thinking that santa comes at night and puts presents....etc