Pascha Book

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
During Holy week Last year I saw some people with a new English Pascha book. I think it was made by one of the Jersey City Churches. Does any one know how I can get one? It seems really cool, it has all of the readings missing from the California Pascha book that I have been using for years.

Also, does anyone know of a book for Bright Saturday? I love Bright Saturday, but it is extremely difficult to follow without the readings.

Thank you.

Comments

• Yes, it was Coptic Orthodox Church of St. Mark JC ,Published it
    but am not sure if it's online
  • Ya up in west side... St. Marks, its a beautiful book... I shoulda bought it from the church library... o well... gonna wait till next year... only 65 days till Easter Sunday!
  • [quote author=HolyWeek#1 link=board=1;threadid=1264;start=0#msg21232 date=1109301581]
    I shoulda bought it from the church library... o well... gonna wait till next year... only 65 days till Easter Sunday!

You could still get it.Come to the bookstore and ask, it's only $25.00 :)
  • thx... im guessin ur from west side? im from St. Mary in Brunswick
  • ya, we would like for you to come sometimes.
  • are u taling about the big pascha book i got one from saint marks church for 25 bucks a week before the holy week started
  • i just heard that the pascha book will be sold on line during the Great Lent.
  • really? like are they doing that everywhere..
  • now the pascha bool being sold online.
    here your chance to have.
  • Can u please give me the web site so i can try to order 1 and hopefully I'll get it before passion week..thanks
  • Thanks Nardine ...yes I saw the Icon and was able to have a look at the book but I don't read Coptic and was hoping to find a book that has the coptic written in English so I can follow the coptic readings as well...do u know if you have such a book in Sydney by any chance... I'll be greatfull if u let me know..God bless :D :D
  • Thanks a lot..sounds like the book i'm after if it's all in english...Actually i help at our church book shop and i know that we don't have any Pascha books at the moment and I wanted to find out where we can order few of the all english books....if you can give me the name of your church i'll be able yo contact them and place an order then..Thanks heaps .... God bless. :D
  • hay how r ya guys
    hay janet i went to my bookshop and asked the man if you can get it from us actually there is good news he said he is sending round 10-15 books to melbourne YAY umm to st Georges church if that is not yours get it from them

GBU ALL PPLZ :) ;) :D ;D
    pray 4 me plz
    ur sista +FROG+
  • Thanks a lot nardine ...I shall contact St George Church to find out...Sorry to trouble you but I'm really greatful to you...God bless you always
  • http://copticchurch.net/paschabook/

thats the book that Mina Gergis was talking about. Click there and you can look at the front/back cover and even some of the pages inside. Hope this helps anybody
  • thanks paul :D
  • I was on coptichymns.net today, and i found a post that that is compreing the pascha book we have on the site, and the one from the church inConnecticut.

here the link for the post:

http://coptichymns.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=40798#40798

and i woulk for you to read and lets compre the books from are understandings.
    and which one book would you buy.
  • I was on coptichymns.net today, and i found a post that is compreing the Pascha Book we have on the site, and the one from Connecticut.

here the link for the post:

http://coptichymns.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=40798#40798

and i would like for you to read and lets compre the books from our understandings.
    and which one book would you buy.
    for your own use (a deacon to)
  • [quote author=janet1221 link=board=1;threadid=1264;start=15#msg22054 date=1110711437]
    Thanks a lot nardine ...I shall contact St George Church to find out...Sorry to trouble you but I'm really greatful to you...God bless you always

sure thing Janet ;D no no trouble at all its my pleasure ;D as long as your happy i am i hope u get them may God bless u always

GBU ALL PPLZ
    +FROG+