WHAT??? SKOOL CAMP...

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
>:( Y NOT GO 2 A SKOOL CAMP Y DOS DA ANSA ALWAYS AV 2 B NO U CANT GO 2 A SKOOL CAMP COS OF BLA BLA BLA ..IF EVRY1 RESPECTS U , U GONA AV A GOOD TIM N NO 1 WILL EVA DO SOMTIN U DONT WANT OR LIK :)
WAITIN 4 RESPONS ;)

Comments

• :)

I notice your new here MaRmOOrAA .Welcome! God bless you! I hope you enjoy the forums.

Since I dont know much about School Camps I cant really respond...lol...What is a school camp anyway?... ;D

• A SKOOL CAMP IS WEN U GO 4 A COUPL OF DAYS WID SKOOL AT A CAMP SYT LOLZ ;D
  • i assure you (lol) that its not a Coptic thing... but more a CONCERNED EGYPTIAN PARENTS kinda thing. They tend not to like the idea of us staying out overnight with school and stuff or any place that isnt a church trip. Im sure theyre just concerned for you... there are real scary and sad stories out there... I know when i was younger I wanned to go on a school trip and i wasnt allowed to. When my friends came bak, i heard that sum of the teachers got drunk, etc. etc. ... its caz they care...you'll see with time
  • hay marmoora :) ;) :D ;D
    yer i agree with coptic4lyf its Gods will but man u ppl r luky lol i dun wanna go but i get forced lol come on talk about NOT FAIR

lol cant complain
    GBU ALL GUYS and may u realize that everything happens 4 a reason :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-*

+this is the day of the Lords victory; let us be happy, let us celebrate! so dont b saf. the joy of the LORD gives u will make u strong :) ;) :D ;D :-*+
  • ty for all dis but seriously it depenz on teacherz i gess der alright
  • :) :) lol ur cute :) ;) :D ;D :-*

luv yas all :-* :-*
    GBU PPLZ
    FROG
  • I went camping with school a few years ago and i assure you, you're not missing out! it was just a lot of hiking :(. ouch my legs ache just thinking about it. Your parents make the decisions that they do for a reason though. Its really barely their choice, its God's choice. I mean, someone may go to that camp and be perfectly fine while someone else might fall on a rock or something. God knows whats going to happen and He wants to protect you so He does it through your parents. I know its hard but try to trust as much as you can! pray for trust in God! and all these school things, i mean, i can never go to the dances so i get really upset that night and maybe i'm kinda off for that week but after that everyone seriously forgets all about it and it won't affect your life at all! So pray and give it some time. God Bless You!
  • We use to call these little adventures "field trips"...lol...I loved getting out of class, going hiking and exploring. ;D
  • My Mums let me go last time I had a trip like that with school but I know a lot of people who's parents wouldn't let them. It's more fun to go on a retreat with church anyway.
  • Marmoora, you know something, I can definitely relate to how your feeling! When I was younger, and im sure even in this day in age, if I ask my parents to go on a school trip, the answer is NO…..im used to hearing it, so I never bother asking anymore. But I went through a phase where I became incensed at my parents decisions and I didn’t feel like they understood me at all cuz they never empathized with me! They would warn me that it wasn’t a safe environment for ANY young girl to be in- ie. Co-ed school, spending nights outside the home, influence from peers, no parents…you get the idea. At the time, however, I felt like they had ruined my life! I felt like I was the only “un-cool” student in my class, that everyone got to do everything they wanted because their parents were down to earth and they were not old-fashioned Egyptians! But little was I right!

Honestly, and im sure your not going to trust when you hear this, but its really nothing to get mad over if your parents don’t let you go on this trip. I think you live by the phrase “you only live life once” (so you make the most of life) But, you also have to remember, “you only get a chance at Heaven ONCE.” You may think im being too extreme, but I’ve seen many ppl take that direction. As soon as you become closely associated with “others” (not from the church) they begin to take your life in a different path; they influence you in ways you would not imagine. I’m sure you’re a great person who only wants to have some innocent fun, going on a camping trip, I mean, it does sound fun, but then you would be putting urself in a position where you know you are surrounded by others who are potentially going to ruin your innocence. Don’t get me wrong or anything, I don’t think you’re going to be following the wrong crowd. But what you have to understand is your going to be in a risky situation. Something good or something bad may happen, you don’t know that, so why put yourself in that situation in the first place? Why surround yourself with people that you know aren’t going to strengthen your values, your standards, your beliefs? :-\ Really, there is no greater love and delight you can receive than in the church. ;) All of the church members are your brothers and sisters, and better yet, they all have old-fashioned Egyptian parents, so that makes you all equal :P:P!!!! My point is, don’t let your life slip b/c of a field trip, its not worth getting mad over, worry about your spritual life, not your temporary one. Also, remember that your parents are a lot more experienced than you are so they would know by now what is safe for you to do. Listen to them now, and in a few years youll know what i mean ;)

My solution to your problem is if you really want to go on this camping trip, why not ask your church father to organize a trip like that for the youth of your church? Just a suggestion….i hope I helped….take care, GB+ + +
  • lol i wouldn't know i've never been to school camp ;D ;D
    but you know parents always know best
    i remember abouna said that God gave parents a special sense
    maybe she predicts your gonna get hurt or something ect.....
    but the coptic thing to do is listen reemember "honor your father and mother"

thebrain
  • i wanted to go to school camp so badly in 5th grade..but my parents didn't let me...oh well..i really don't care now..but my little brother is going(don't ask why hes going and i didn't) so i'll let u know what he thinks of it when he comes back :)

• ;D ;Dsam ting ma brother s gona go 2 da camp n dey didnt let me as well n i was gona go 4 only 2 days but his gona go 4 5 so c da difrenc ...dey tink dat if a gul is ova 13 yrs of age she cant go camp but its ok for guys
    far out >:( >:( >:( n by da way youstina i asked aboona he gos do waat u tink is good sooo i coulnt say nofin i did evryting i can but naaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh >:( :'(

• ;D ;Dforgot somfin im bak n by da way FROG who said a was cute no tink ur da 1 who is ;) ;D :-* lolz
  • no no no cum on hu can get cuter zan u marmoora barboora lol nar jkz i luv ya

rabena ma3akom :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*lol
    FROG
  • hey marmoora,
    welcome to the site!

i just wanna add one thing said to all these great posts about camps and such...
    believe it or not, later on (i'm not sure how old you are..) towards the end of highschool and in university/college, you'll be making the decision for yourself to say "NO" to these trips!

i know, sounds crazy, but its true.

i was like that... rebellious and wanted to go on trips and such, but my parents (being very egyptain) wouldnt let me, and i wasn't too happy.
    they'd tell me "you'll understand when you're older..." and "you'll agree with our decision when your older" and all that stuff, and i just didnt believe it.

now, if i was invited to go to overnight field trips and camp outs and stuff with my school, i say "no" for myself, without the interference of mama and baba!!
    i NEVER thought i'd be the one to say "no", but, i do now....

freaky enough, mama and baba were right... as always... lol

so just trust your parents' decsions, and you'll be making the same decisions later on! (believe it or not!!)

take care and God bless

• :-* :-* :-*n1s rym FROG lolz n tx for welcomin i crazycopt n nic 2 meet uz all :-* :-* :-* :-*
    tell ya wat don tink ill eva say no .... bet im not tokin bout night cos i know dat avin a night party isnt god n im wid u wid dat but camp... ders teachers n evrytin n tell ya wat i av a reason as well ma er adviser is from a copt church so y not u know :-\ ;D