Favorite Book Is...

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I know this may get a bit redundant, but I'm curious to know, what is your favorite book in the bible/

sleepy

Comments

• :)

Genesis...The minor prophets{Habakkuk,Amos,Malachi,
    etc.}....The Gospel of John...Colossians...Hebrews...Sorry
    I think thats more than one favorite book...lol... ;)
  • Proverbs, to me, is a really useful book in the Bible; just for general advice and such.

The Last couple of chapters of Job never fail to put me in absolute awe of God. Im specifically referring to Job 38-41--> Absolutely Amazing Passage :D...guaranteed to cure and wipe out any EGO ;)...trust me, just try reading it!!

I also like the book of Malachi...(last book of the Old Testament)... it may be really "harsh" for sum, but basically it shows the point where God was kinda fed up with us. But what is soo kool is the contrast because if you just flip the page, God decides to "take things into His own hands" and BAM.. the story of Salvation is put into motion :) (Matthew Chapter ONE)

I also Love the Gospel According to Saint John (especially chapter 17)

lol sorry sleepy, i think i kinda defeated the point of your thread since you asked what our favourite book is and i named like three :-[ :-\ sorry habebty :-* ill shutup now!..
    p.s. great topic
  • One from each Testament: Esther and Hebrews
    CLawrence
  • Gospel According to Saint John, and the first epistle of saint John..those r my favorites
  • proverbs are the awesomest

bc i get well, bored sometimes with everything else ,bc at points they are tedious to read.

but its never like that w proverbs bc they are short cool vengeful loving etc its like talking to someone who is bipolar.
  • Proverbs and Psalms, Job, Song of solomon :), and both corinthians.
  • john , luke , mark
    revelations but its kinda hard 2 understand
    i really like luke because he was kind of a doctor in those days
    so he gave sum really good detail
  • OT - Isaiah: Prophecies in that book never cease to amaze me, and theyre simply irrefutable.

NT - St John: There's so much more to this book than meets the eye. Everytime you read it, you take off another layer of the mystery - and the layers just never end - you keep finding new and more insightful, and complementary interpretations to how you previously understood - and you continue to draw zillions of connections between that verse and the verses in the Old Testament as well as other Jewish literature. Not even the ocean could hold the mystery of that book. I have about 20 pages of information on John 1:1 alone, and I havent even started.
  • i love the book of matthew the beatitudes are my faviorite
  • I love the Gospel of Matthew..the Gospel of John is also great. Psalms is awesome!
  • The Book of Revelation, our future homeland, the dwelling of God with men.
  • Corinthians 1 and 2 lol ! ha
  • I like Corinthinans too! lol, but I will refrain from saying anything else about it till I have a good background on all or most of the books in the bible, but the replies are awesome, keep em coming guys! lol

sleepy
  • Genesis has awesome stories, the Psalms are amazing, ecclesiastes is so cool, the Gospel of St John is very comforting (especially the parts bout the Spirit the Comforter) Romans & Hebrews are great epistles, and finally of course Revelations ;D
  • dude, y does nobody absolutely love song of solomon?! its soooo good!
  • viva la proverbs ;D
  • Yes i loove proverbs ;D lots of guidance in that.. i also like other wisdom books like ecclesiastes
  • [quote author=Copt4Life link=board=1;threadid=1193;start=0#msg20245 date=1107975021]
    lol sorry sleepy, i think i kinda defeated the point of your thread since you asked what our favourite book is and i named like three :-[ :-\ sorry habebty :-* ill shutup now!..
    p.s. great topic

No problem! I love hearing what people have to say, hence, I made this thread. lol

sleepy

P.S. I do like Song of Solomon! lol
  • its never like that w proverbs bc they are short cool vengeful loving etc its like talking to someone who is bipolar.

LOL!!!!! ;D
  • i luv Corinthians 1 &2 nd lyk Romans nd stuff st pauls epistles they rock!!!

GBU ALL PPLZ :) ;) :D ;D :-*
    FROG
  • The epistles of Peter are also good. cremedelescremes, I'm personally not a big fan of Song of Solomon mainly because I don't understand it. lol. However, I've heard it was amazing from people who DO understand it.
  • daniel is pretty cool, although i just found out it existed when abuna told me to read it,

it took me a HALF HOUR to find it!
    i was THIS cloise to going back to him and sayin theres no such thing.

lol i dont believe in index or table of contents.
  • [quote author=awad link=board=1;threadid=1193;start=15#msg20504 date=1108229342]
    daniel is pretty cool, although i just found out it existed when abuna told me to read it,

it took me a HALF HOUR to find it!
    i was THIS cloise to going back to him and sayin theres no such thing.

lol i dont believe in index or table of contents.

LOL thats funni imagine abounas face if ya told him lol but thats slak y not blive in the contents lol but thats funni

GBU ALL PPLZ :) ;) :D ;D :-*
    FROG
  • Silly girl. ;D
  • That was like me and Jonah. I totally forgot that it was in the bible, and when I was asked, I was like uhhhhh.... ;D

sleepy
  • Genesus and Exodus...i love them!!
  • AMOS!!!

he sooo angry hahaha
    ROAR!!!