the end of the world is near

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hay guys me nd mazza were just dicussing that we think that the end of the world is getting near coz u no the tsunami, bushfires, floods so many people r leaving this earthly world also how the anti christ buisness we think that Dan Brown which is the author of the da vinci code u c that is making people vey confused and lotz nd lotz of ppl r converting or believing it

so yer guys throw in ur ideas

GBU ALL PPL :) ;) :D ;D :-*
FROG AND MAZZA

+Gods word is true ;) :D+

Comments

• wel come on guys

wat do u think
    spill
  • i think i have no idea whatsoever. :) Just that i hope i have a good front row seat.
  • Bush is the anti-christ. ;D
  • lol.. this is funny.. but i think that its said in the bible that in every year there will be wars and signs but no one knows when the world is really gonna end.. and nobody can say or proclaim that the world is gonna end soon.. bcz ppl used to say the world is gonna end in 2003 and they even made a book abt it.. and its 2005.. so don't believe anything like that.. and try to convince other ppl too.. so ya sorry to ruin the moment.. :-\ :-*

Rina
  • CopticDave----- that's funny; D
    But I really think the end of the world is getting closer and closer of all the signs has been happening.... But we never know when is our time, may God bless us all and be with us ..
  • [quote author=cremedelescremes link=board=1;threadid=1179;start=0#msg19928 date=1107614380]
    i think i have no idea whatsoever. :) Just that i hope i have a good front row seat.

[quote author=CopticDave link=board=1;threadid=1179;start=0#msg19931 date=1107618985]
    Bush is the anti-christ. ;D

looll, that was really funny you guys ;D
    as for me, i just wanna leave the word before it ends!!

**Simle :) God Loves You**
  • ya kno i agree...my science teacher said the "scientific" way of calling it the end of the world she said that we are 1000 years over due of the switching to the magnetic poles and so i think its coming up...i don't doubt it
  • sry i just need to add one more thing to my last comment
    the way we can tell this is happening is because the 4 hurricanes in florida and as FULLY RELY ON GOD said the tsunami in Asia and my science teacher also told me that in 2004 there have been over 700 Earthquakes(although they were all very small) so like yeah...i'm not really sure about the earthquake thing tho..i'll get u the info on that if i can
  • Bush is NOT the antichrist

• hey guys,

i agree with Rina, we dont really know when the end of the world is going to be or when our time will be! all we can really do is be prepared and be close to God. well, take care guys
    God Bless
  • [quote author=MeeMz link=board=1;threadid=1179;start=0#msg19963 date=1107637074]

hey guys,

i agree with Rina, we dont really know when the end of the world is going to be or when our time will be! all we can really do is be prepared and be close to God. well, take care guys
    God Bless

i totally agree with u guys and i think too we should all prepare of whats coming and God gave us time to prepare for him and his day .......
  • amba David once told us in a lecture that every night we should pray, "Into your hands I commend my spirit." because even though that may not be our time, we have to always be ready and keep in mind when we wake up that it could be our last day on earth. Don't worry about when the end of the world is..worry about when your end is..it's all that matters in the end :)
  • ServantOfJesus,
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I believe I posted this before, but I will say it again. When Jesus spoke about signs of the end of the world, He couldn't have given more general signs, (Famins, earthquakes, wars, rumors of wars, floods, etc...). there hasn't been a year where these things did not Happen. From the time of the Apostles, There were famins (St. Paul went with donations to support the affected regions) Wars followed after that ( a look in Egyptian history alone, you can see that there hasn't been a generation that were not affected by war)

So lets not worry about when the world will end and focus on when our life will end, that is the "end of the world" for us.
  • All things are in place for the end of the world, we no longer wait for the fullfillment of any further signs. However, we have no idea how much longer God will wait out of His love and patience for mankind.

In a related question, what do you all believe about the believer's role in the end times. For instance, do you believe in the "rapture" and do you think it will be before, during or after the tribulation?

CLawrence
  • All things are in place for the end of the world

i kindly disagree with this statement. There's still a lot of unfilfilled things, such as the coming of a powerfull anti-christ who will deceive even the chosen...there's no sign of Elia and Henoch, there's no building of a temple in Jerusalem...

how can it be the end of times when millions and millions of people partake of Holy Sacraments, go to church every week etc.
    i dont know bout other churches, but the coptic church is very active and alife the last decenia, with a lot of new churches in Egypt and migration countries, new priests being ordained, more young people leaving the world to enter the monasteries etc...
  • LOOK guys... WHO CARES about the end of the WORLD... CARE about being ready at all times....
  • i kindly disagree with this statement. There's still a lot of unfilfilled things, such as the coming of a powerfull anti-christ who will deceive even the chosen...there's no sign of Elia and Henoch, there's no building of a temple in Jerusalem...

He's talking about the doctrine of the rapture as taught within evangelical christianity.According to this doctrine the church is taken up to heaven before the appearance of the anti-christ,before the "two witnessess".

how can it be the end of times when millions and millions of people partake of Holy Sacraments, go to church every week etc

What does that have to do with the end times?The Bible in Revelations says the Beast will have power to make war and overcome the saints.Of course there will be christians during the end times.They will be persecuted for their testimony,their faith in Jesus Christ. :)
  • talking about the doctrine of the rapture as taught within evangelical christianity.

Actually, the doctrine of the rapture varies within the evangelical denominations. Some believe as you stated, that it would take place prior to the coming of the anti-Christ and the 7 years of tribulation. Some believe that it will take place mid-way through those 7 years, still others believe it will happen at the end. That's why I asked about the Coptic belief on this matter.

CLawrence
  • Pray and watch!! pray and watch!!
  • umm guys i really suck at this stuff...so my knowledge about this is very very limited, and i will get back to you on this tomorrow...but im almost positive that orthodoxy doesnt believes in rapture...or something...im not 100% sure but i know its completely different from evangelical beliefs...we had this discussion in sunday school like 2 years back...and that's all i remember, that evangelical beliefs are different from orthodox beliefs when it comes to that particular event. however im not 100% sure what it is exactly that we believe in...ill be back with actually useful information eventually :) sorry
  • but im almost positive that orthodoxy doesnt believes in rapture...or something...im not 100% sure but i know its completely different from evangelical beliefs

According to my understanding Orthodoxy doesnt believe in the rapture.A large number of evangelical and protestant christians dont believe in the rapture either.They believe in the 2nd coming of Jesus but not in the rapture. :)
  • What is the rapture and where did this idea come from?
  • :) ;) :D ;Dhay
    yer thats wat i was gonna ask as well :)

GBU ALL PPLZ :) ;) :D ;D :-*
    FROG

+JESUS + ME = ETERNAL LIFE :) ;) :D ;D :-*+
  • :)

What is the rapture and where did this idea come from?

Basically it's the teaching that the church of Jesus Christ will be"caught up"{raptured} in the air to meet Jesus and then taken to Heaven for 7 years during which the anti-christ will rule the entire earth{or most of it at least}.During these 7 years of great tribulation the wrath and judgements of God will be poured out,the two witnesses wil appear,it will be a time of unmitigated horror and suffering.A time of despair.After the 7 year period the Lord Jesus Christ will return from Heaven{the 2nd coming}with all of His Saints{all christians}defeating Satan and casting him into the bottomless pit{the abyss}for a thousand years.The Lord Jesus will rule a thousand years on earth, followed by a brief rebellion;then Satan and all his minions{hell itself}will be cast into the Lake of Fire suffering eternal torment forever and ever.The people of God will then enjoy the blessings of Heaven for all eternity,time without end.

Those who support the rapture teaching claim biblical support.Those who oppose the doctrine say there is no biblical evidence but rather a misunderstanding of scripture.The opponents claim this doctrine was never taught by the early or middle age church but rather has appeared only recently in the last several hundred years or so.They claim the true authors of this doctrine were either William Irving or John Darby or a woman by the name of Macdonald.Supporters of the doctrine claim that there have always been people{in all ages} who believed this teaching.

I agree with SaviorOfMySoul: "Watch and pray! Watch and pray!" Sound words of wisdom indeed. Whether Rapture or 2nd Coming...Even so come Lord Jesus! God is great! God is coming again!
  • Thanx J, for clarifying that up for me....

Well Since we're on the topic of the second coming and end of the world, I thought I'd post this link. ... Some may find it comforting, others kinda scary... ill post it anyways... i think its pretty kool... check it out:

http://www.lifetalk.net/2ndcoming/ee.html
  • i think its pretty kool... check it out:

Pretty cool...no, it was more than cool, it was awesome!
    The music...the visual presentation...wow....it was superb!

:)
  • ;D :) ;) :D ;Dhay
    thanx J Franklin 4 xplainin dat :)
    WOW coptic4life that was :o :o :o EXCELLENT that was sooo cool
    thanx 4 shring that man wow u rok man keep it up :) ;) :D ;D :-*

GBU ALL GUYS :) ;) :D ;D :-*FROG
  • The doctrine of the rapture comes from 1 Thessalonians 4 & 5, among other passages. Regarding whether we believe it will happen before, during or after the reign of the anti-Christ, those determinations are made from the interpretation of many prophetic passages, particularly in Daniel and Revelation.

CLawrence
  • Hi Copt4 Life
    Although your web site is exciting to watch and I think the content of it is correct, yet it is public service of the Seventh Adventist Church. H.H. Pope Shenouda 111 and the Holy Synod of the Coptic Church declared all of their teaching heratic. Just I want to warn all the Copts and God bless all of you.
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=1179;start=15#msg20159 date=1107890811]
    LOOK guys... WHO CARES about the end of the WORLD... CARE about being ready at all times....

EXACTLY! it may be our own end before its the world's end anyway. We just REALLY need to be ready all the time. so yeah, exactly what u said hehe.