Interested in the Church... anyone in my area?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello,

I now live in the Vancouver area... I went to the a Coptic church where I lived - in the US - when I was small, but have not been involved for a long time.

I have been reading about the church on the internet lately (and I have posted here a few times). I am interested in seeing and learning about the church in my area, and possibly attending and getting involved...

But I am shy, and as I don't know anyone... I'm sort of afraid to show up as a stranger to a whole bunch of people on Sunday.

Is there anyone in my area who I could talk to, and maybe go to church with a few times?

You can reach me either by replying to this, or by email at [email protected]

Comments

• LOL... dont be shy... I am sure people will welcome you, even if you just show up on a random sunday.

That's the same thing my dad says... but it's been a few weeks since I decided to go, and I keep chickening out.
  • you seem like a cool person... I am sure you will get along with others... hopefully when you go.... you will tell us how everything went.
  • if it makes u feel better, theres sooo many egs crowding the church that i HIGHLY doubt anyone will notice u, that is if ur an eg.
    i mean this is black and white nonoffensive terms but if u have blonde hair and blue eyes, er u might get starred at, otherwise ur ok.
    if u do im just warning u so u dont think u have a booger on your forehead or suttin. just stand there and ignore the multitude.

*words form the ignorant, by awad
  • [quote author=awad link=board=1;threadid=1188;start=0#msg20167 date=1107891846]
    if it makes u feel better, theres sooo many egs crowding the church that i HIGHLY doubt anyone will notice u, that is if ur an eg.
    i mean this is black and white nonoffensive terms but if u have blonde hair and blue eyes, er u might get starred at, otherwise ur ok.
    if u do im just warning u so u dont think u have a booger on your forehead or suttin. just stand there and ignore the multitude.

*words form the ignorant, by awad

Thanks for the warning... I'm half and half, not blond though, so I dunno if I'll stand out. I guess there's only one way to find out, though :-)
  • well im glad uve decided u want to go.....goodluck with that........and yes i do believe that theyll welcome u.... go for it and tell us how it went. :) ;)
  • hay dg2005 :) ;) :D ;D
    im sure u will b fine lol the onli reasons im ok wit goin to other churches by myself is coz no1 noes me and they dun hav to make fun of me hu cares wat other ppl think if they do just go for it nd remember the only reason ur goin is for Jesus no1 else
    tell us how it went

GBU ALL PPLZ :) ;) :D ;D :-*
    pray 4 me
    FROG

+do all the good u can
    by all the means u can
    in all the ways u can
    in all the places u can
    at all times u can
    to all the people u can
    as long as ever u can :) ;) :D ;D+
  • wow awesome words frog!
  • KNOW EY LOV EM ;D ;D LOV YA :-*
  • +do all the good u can
    by all the means u can
    in all the ways u can
    in all the places u can
    at all times u can
    to all the people u can
    as long as ever u can

Great words FROG! I like your smiley faces... :) ;) :D ;D....cool.
  • haaaay guys :) ;) :D ;D
    lol thnx guys J Franklin i didnt make that up lol i hav these stiker lyk lotz of them so after every post i post 1 ;D
    lol i luv these smileys too lol thats y i use them it m akes it feel brighter lol lyk me nar jkz

thanx guys luvs use all :) ;) :D ;D :-*
    o by the way this was an old topic mayb sum1 shood email him to c how he went?

neways GBU ALL PPLZ i luv use :) ;) :D ;D :-*
    pray 4 me plz
    FROG

+all things work together for good to those who love God :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-*+
  • :D ;D :-*helloooo :) ;) :D ;D :-*
    umm guys do u think we shood email him coz i dont think he is gonna cum bac on mayb lol he went to tha chuch found it good nd never posted bac lol

i dunno if he dun ansa dis im gonna email him wat u guys think?

GBU ALL :) ;) :D ;D :-*
    plz plz plz pray 4 me im goin throo a prett bad tym
    thnx i luv u guys rabena ma3akom :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-*
    ur little sis
    FROG
  • Thanks for your concern FROG! I'm still here...

I had my wisdom teeth yanked out a few days ago, and I didn't check online much. Mostly been sleeping and watching movies.

I'm probably not going to go tomorrow if my teeth (er, the holes where they used to be) still hurt, but next week.
  • heyyy ME TOO...i just got my wisdom teeth yanked out too... all four of them...!! lol get better...!
  • [quote author=dg2005 link=board=1;threadid=1188;start=0#msg20511 date=1108237103]
    Thanks for your concern FROG! I'm still here...

I had my wisdom teeth yanked out a few days ago, and I didn't check online much. Mostly been sleeping and watching movies.

I'm probably not going to go tomorrow if my teeth (er, the holes where they used to be) still hurt, but next week.

:) ;) :D ;Doki rabena ma3ak

:) GBU ALL
    FROG
  • hey i was just reading and i wanted to wish you all the best luck , i've been going to my church for as long as i can remember and people still stare at me cuz i don't look very egyptian ( i am though) lol! I've only read your post rite now and i'm pretty sure that u won't have a hard time fitting in, seeing your're a great person!!!

GBU