English presentation on Coptic New Year 1739 and calendars

Hi all,

Yesterday I gave a presentation on the new Coptic year 1739, shedding a light on the history of the Egyptian calendar in particular, compared to other calendars. 

I saved the presentation as PDF, published it in the link below (please note the many "notations" the Acrobat had added of PowerPoint notes).

Since in itself there is no discussion, or explanation, I am going to upload the video of the meeting soon enough.. here is the link - I await your valued opinions:

oujai qen p[c

Comments

• well done for doing this in time for the new year!
    happy 1739 everyone!
    i hope you can all make it to church for the new year's eve prayers, this is one of the most lovely services of the year
    :-) 
  • Thanks a lot @mabsoota.. Happy New Coptic Year to you too.. Unfortunately there is no Nayrouz Eve prayers here.. Please keep us in your prayers..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ ⲡϭⲥ
  • noooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    come down south, we can help you! you don't have to come all the way, probably you will find the church in stockport open (http://manchestercopts.org/our-church/)
    the priests there are very lovely (i have only been once, but that makes me an expert!)

hmm, my new year's resolution will be to obtain greater humilty...
  • I think that you are humble enough @mabsoota or possibly if I compare myself to you!!!!
    Stockport is not exactly south but if I had only known their schedule?
    Please mention us in your prayers always..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ ⲡϭⲥ
  • no, i think i am an expert after i learn 1 small thing, i have a lot to learn!
    for example i got the geography wrong there!
    my friend apologises, she was busy serving and did not see the email straight away.
    you are welcome to visit the church any time though, as are all our friends on tasbeha.org
    :)

• Thanks for letting me know about the church though.. I hope that one day I can pay Her a visit - and hope to see you soon too God willing..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ ⲡϭⲥ
  • Dear all,

Sorry a slight mistake corrected - I discovered that I had mentioned the first feast of Nativity in the Coptic Church was celebrated in the year 129 AM, when it ought to be 149 AM.

Mistake corrected, plus rearrangement of slides for easier browsing, and a small note added to the next to last slide (#13)

Thanks for your continued encouragement..

Oujai qen p[c