English Tasbeha Resources

Hello,
I am new here.
I am looking for a book or other resource that goes through the spirituality/contemplations of Tasbeha (Midnight Praises), in ENGLISH. Anything that will explain the meanings behind each section (even better would be each VERSE). Is there any resource that explains the Sunday Theotekia verses?

Thanks for your help,
10theeno

Comments

• Do you mean about the structure of it, or each individual aspect, i.e., "Why is [×] done this way/order?

Everything Liturgical is fairly straightforward and almost identical in structure, other than various Feast days where there may be an extra hymn, doxologies or part of the Liturgy which is a little different.

I'm not sure we have as many contemplations as say Catholicism and their extremely precise explanations, nonetheless, I'll try to snoop around some of my sources to see if I can find a specific explanation in English.

Welcome, and please pray for me.
  • Thanks ItalianCoptic!
    I was mainly looking for a deeper understanding about each of the 4 canticles, why they are in that order, spiritual meaning etc. For example, I don't quite understand the 3rd hoos very well when we tell things like 'cold and heat' to praise God.
  • @10theeno. The hooses are all biblical. You can simply find biblical commentaries for those parts and learn there. 
  • great question, i spent about 24 hrs thinking about it!

it is a way of recognising that God is in control.
    for example, when we find the psalm writer telling the animals and plants to praise God, we may make the mistake of thinking that they choose to do this or understand what is happening.
    but only humans actually have spirits, animals don't (sorry, your favourite animal will not be in heaven with you!)

when we tell cold and heat to praise God, we can be sure that these don't have any wil or mind or ability to think.
    so how does cold and heat praise God?

we can find the answer in psalm 18 (19 in the masoretic text) when we read that 'the heavens declare the glory of God'.
    the world around us declares the glory of God in the same way that still lakes reflect the mountains around them - it is part of their nature.
    the lakes don't decide to reflect back the lovely view that you are looking at on the opposite side, just as the elements of creation don't decide to declare the glory of God.
    so the existence of cold and heat (each very important in the universe) or of trees and hills and rivers demonstrates that God exists.

when we sing to the created world, telling it to glorify God, we are actually singing to God to say that we are very grateful for it, and singing to other humans to point out to them that they must not miss the fact that God is very wonderful - the evidence is clearly out there.
  • Wonderful and deep contemplation.. Thank you very much dear @mabsoota
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ