Festive Difnar Intro Recordings

Can anyone help me find recordings that are complete with the Joyful difnar intros. I found a discussion on here about it but the recordings there dont work anymore.

^^

Thank You. Ⲁⲣⲓⲡⲁⲙⲉⲩⲓ

Comments

• For the joyful days isnt the watos intro Khen Efran Entitrias....?
  • @Kerlous...no. Khen efran entitrias is specifically intro to the Holy Week commentaries...and funerals 
  • And, i just realized...the tune of the 2 recordings above is the same :-)....how would someone explain that?!
  • edited September 2020
    Ϧⲉⲛ ⲫ̀ⲣⲁⲛ is used for expositions or commentaries as Mina stated
  • I wouldn't go that far and make that conclusions....there are too many things we don't know about the difnar and commentaries texts, let alone their tunes.  
  • well if you don't know, i give up!

;)
  • @minatasgeel I think your logic might be right because the introduction for the expositions for Palm Sunday are the annual ones in the Palm Sunday tune. The only other time I heard ϧⲉⲛ ⲫⲣⲁⲛ chanted for introduction was for the Feast of Resurrection before ϭⲓⲟⲩⲱⲓⲛⲓ from HCOC recording.

Not sure why the tunes are the same but why are the Adam and Watos tunes the same for Palm Sunday and the Feast of the Cross?
  • Well, 
    - For Hosanna Sunday and Feast of the Cross: the tune is sha3anini, which i believe the source we have is Arch Fahim...which we think he got from M Tawfik (he might have a recording). I don't know why HCOC said Khen Efran, but may it's mentioned in a manuscript
    - Chi-o-oinee is complicated....if you look at the book, it says to say it in Tar7 Elfa3alla of Kiahk Sunday Eves tune...which we have a recording of. BUT, the latter is titled to be "Adam" while the former is titled to be "Watos." To complicate things more, Bright Saturday Tarh is Adam and is written to be said in "chi-o-oinee" tune.

I think this shows how complicated the situation is. Not only in tune, but in text also since through the years there has been a confusion between what is called Tarh/ Commentary/Exposition, or Psali, or Difnar/Antiphonary, or tafseer/explanation. Some scholars are working on these now.
  • Cantor Tawfik's tune for Palm Sunday is slightly different from Cantor Fahim I think

But, yea the whole thing is very confusing. Hopefully there will be clarity soon. Thank you for all the information.

• Actually to designate ϭⲓⲟⲩⲱⲓⲛⲓ as watos is probably a typo or a mistake. It is an Adam hymn. I agree this is all confusing but mainly because we have not a lot of people who are interested in research or have the time. They just think they have the authority to sing it however they like and people will follow out of respect and out of "there is no other option"!
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ