Are children of the Church in the west pro-life or pro-choice.

Hi

I would like to know how are the Coptic disapora is fairing regarding social issues. What is the reaction of majority of people towards abortion and the stances of prolife and pro-choice.

Are they like their Egyptian brethren or more like their host societies of unconditional acceptance that is dismally prevalent?

This issue has been bugging for quite a lot now, that I want to take my life because I can't come to terms with it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi RaafatAbualazm,

I'm new to commenting on discussions and all on this website, but I read your discussion and I couldn't say nothing. Please, nothing in this world is worth taking your life. NOTHING. If you ever need anyone to talk to, speak to a FOC (Father of Confession), and he would surely help you.

I Corinthians 6:19-20 states that our body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit, thereby damaging this Temple is a sin. Broadly applied, anything that damages this Temple, smoking, drinking, and suicide, all are considered sinful. Galatians 6:7-8 states "Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life."

You can personal message me if you would like. I am more than willing to listen. Just please take care of yourself.

-Mina S.
  • we don't permit abortion. but as minasam444 said, please share your distress with someone.

it is normal to be distressed about the bad things you see around you, but it is not normal to be distressed to the point of suicide. this means  you have an issue with anxiety.

this issue you have can be resolved by your confession father, who will know if he should advise you to also see a psychiatrist.

but don't wait till you next have a chance to confess, tell an approachable person (friend, nurse, parent, doctor, anybody) that you are feeling down, and ask them how to get help.

God loves you and this serious distress you feel is not part of His plan. so pray to Him and He will send people your way who can help.

may our Lord, who suffered for you (so you don't need to be this distressed) bring you peace.

may God give you His beautiful grace, through the prayers of saint mary, the angels and all the saints