Attempting a Translation of "Adam Avel"

I think a collaborative effort could be made to translate Adam Avel. Here's what I can get so far by myself:

Adam, Abel, Methuselah / Moses, Aaron, and the other prophets / come all you today / judge me with this people.

Paralex:
- ?? / ?? / instead of these good things / he lied evilly to me (?)
- Adam the first creation / of the hands of the True God / is the first who witnessed / that Christ descended to Hades
-Noah the righteous and Abraham / and Isaac and Jacob / and Joseph, judge of Egypt / witnessed to his coming
- Moses the great prophet / David the king of Israel / Solomon the wise / witnessed to his coming
- Isaiah and Jeremiah / Ezekiel and Daniel / bore witness to our Savior / He removed their miseries (lit. he flew their miseries away from them)
-Their holy prophecies / are completed by Him / Christ, the King of Glory / removed their miseries (same as above)
- Christ, the King of Glory / spoke with our father Adam saying / ...this place / to save you and all your children.
-Ascend to Paradise / you and all the saints / the place I have prepared? for you / and restored to you once more."
- Intercede on our behalf / O lady of us all, the Theotokos / Mary, the Mother of our Savior / that He may forgive us our sins
-Pray to the Lord on our behalf / O chorus of the prophets / and the righteous and the just / that...

Please feel free to correct or add to any of what I'm missing!

Comments

• I edited some of the coptic text ere and added the arabic from Albair's book (lucky i was next to it). I would need to do some more research for other sources. But i don't think it would be too hard to translate from the coptic. Some words are unique and not known, but can easily be found in dictionaries. 
  • Who is Avel?
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ
  • i can't help but I support this effort. Thank you 
  • @ophadece, we were taught that “Abel” is Abel, the son of Adam...
  • @minatasgeel i know that “achreen” in the first stichon of the paralex is “barren (woman)” and that “er-“ is “to do” but I’m lost in the context
  • update:: based on the Arabic, I’ve concluded that the lines for “flying away” are actually flying to- He flew to their misery, that is, to help and save them. Also, the blank in the second of those verses relates to Adam not belonging to Hades. Finally, “completed” can be better replaced by “fulfilled”. This makes the relevant verses as follows:
    - Isaiah and Jeremiah / Ezekiel and Daniel / bore witness to our Savior / He flew to their misery (to save them)

-Their holy prophecies / are fulfilled in Him / Christ, the King of Glory / flew to their misery

- Christ, the King of Glory / spoke with our father Adam saying / ”You do not deserve this place / I will save you and all your children.
  • Thanks @Jojo_Hanna, that's what I meant. Some cantors don't understand Coptic or indeed know the difference between any dialects but even in the fabricated Greco-Bohairic dialect it would still be Abel..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ
  • We should seriously consider FaceTiming and praying Tasbeha all together :)
    With authentic Bohairic of course @ophadece ;)
  • edited December 2019
    So:
    afhwl sarwou = "he came to them"....and it can actually mean a lot of things on the same line, but i wouldn't use "flew" since it doesn't make sense.

pikolacic: this is an interesting word. it's greek: κόλασις...and in the bible, it means punishment: https://biblehub.com/greek/2851.htm...and that matches Meawad Dawood dictionary in addition to 'torment.' But wikipedia also says that this word is plural for the same meaning of 'hell' or 'inferno'

In general, i would say this should be: "Isaiah and Jeremiah, / and Ezekiel and Daniel, / bore witness to our Savior / when He came to them [in the place] of torment."

There are some other stuff i have in mind, but let's post the latest parts now and work from there. 
  • Agreed @Jojo_Hanna
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ
  • @minatasgeel thanks for the research!