Thanksgiving hymns and songs

Do we say special hymns on thanksgiving, other than the liturgy prayers by the priest for the harvest, water, etc? Also, are there Coptic English songs specifically about thanksgiving or giving thanks generally. Forgive me for my ignorance.

Comments

• Thanksgiving is a civil holiday, not an Ecclesiastical one.
    If you’re wondering about hymns of gratitude; then there would be none better than the 2nd Hoos and its Lobsh!
  • Yes, I meant hymns of gratitude or giving thanks to God. I had the 2nd Hoos in mind but are there others or Coptic spiritual hymns?
  • thanksgiving is when the native americans and invaders (europeans) stopped killing each other, so any hymn about humility and forgiveness would work well.
    have a happy thanksgiving and don't eat too much delicious pumpkin pie! (i had it once in pakistan, long story...)

it is not celebrated over here in uk (obviously), so i don't have any more sensible suggestions! 
  • ok, now a have more sensible thought - the prayer of thanksgiving (from agpeya) would also work well.
  • the Ti-shepehmot entotf melody from the Kiahk midnight psalmody, is a great hymn with a theme of thanksgiving
  • Thanks a million @Jojo_Hanna.. I would be very careful with introducing unnecessary practices into a well defined Coptic rite..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ
  • Always learning from you @ophadece
    (Is that second part for me?)
  • No @Jojo_Hanna the first part because you explained it well saying that it is not an ecclesiastical occasion. Sorry, typing online I tend to not cover all points elaborately enough..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ Ⲡϭⲥ