Reason

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Everything happens for a reason right?
God doesn't let bad things we cant handle happen right?
up till today i belived that....
but now i wonder.....
why do these bad things happen//// i mean sometimes possibly a little good can come outta them like 9/11- it brought ppl closer to God and upped the security for planes ( and downed the costss at the time- course no one wanted them then)...
but sometimes nothing good comes... why does it happen?
why, especially when u pray for some1 and something bad happens to them....??
I hope u got what i mean , i know i wasn't very claer, but i tried...
I guess u dont realize how bad something is until u experience it personally...?
neways, i was just wondering about this...

Comments

• but sometimes nothing good comes... why does it happen?

Says who? Unless you possess the infinite wisdom/knowledge of God you could not possibly make such a statement. Maybe we will never understand or witness anything good coming as a result of these negative things, yet God most definitely has a purpose, beyond our understanding.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD . As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

Deuteronomy 29:29 "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."
  • i totally agree with Iqbal

as an example, maybe if u look at the heresies, people at the time of Athanasius and Cyrillos etc mite not have felt any use for all the troubles the church went through at the time, but thnx to all of that, today we have precious writings from the fathers in which they refute the false teachings...
  • really nice response Iqbal. God does everything for a reason. We may not realize why at the time but we'll understand later on. Sometimes even if u fast and pray for something, God won't see it beneficial or he knows something bad will come out of it. And when we do pray we should learn not to get our hoped up but say when we pray "...not according to what I want but according to your will O Lord" .. pray for me..

God Bless,
    Mariam
  • hey heres a great sermon that was given to me when i asked the same question...trust me it helped me a whole bunch...:)

http://www.coptichymns.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sermons&file=index&q=f&f=%2FEnglish%2FFr_Anthony_Messeh%2FWhy_Does_God_Allow_Suffering
  • Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 Probably the most comforting piece I've found in the Bible :P

" To everything there is a reason,
    A time for every purpose under heaven:

A time to be born and a time to die
    A time to plant, and a time to pluck what is planted;
    A time to kill, and a time to heal;
    A time to break down and a time to build up;
    A time to weep and a time to laugh
    A time to mourn and a time to dance;
    A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones;
    A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing
    A time to gain and a time to lose
    A time to keep and a time to throw away
    A time to tear and a time to sew
    A time to keep silence and a time to speak
    A time to love and a time to hate
    A time of war and a time of peace."

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • this guy doesn not sound like a priest im sorry arubaiscrazy

he sounds weird im sorry, hes like "aight"

weird kinda im sorry
  • oo...i never meet him or anything but i think hes amazing....hes talks to us as we understand....rather than talk down to us...and i think he is right in everything he said....and yea hes young...so that makes it better...because he understands whats doing through our heads better
  • hi,
    well i don't have any religious quotes to support wot i have to say, but i know that things have happened to me that i never thought for a million years i could ever undersrand why god allowed them to happen. but a few years later i can see some reason behind it.
    i have a question to add though, do you think that we will one day, like before we die or something, be told the reasons why things have happened? or does it not matter?
  • I would think every thing that we did and that happened to us during our lifetime will be revealed on judgement day to everyone...I heard it a couple of times before that...it's like a video playing of ur life and everything tht u did will just be playing...and i guess everyone willo be watching it...kinda of sound a bit scary to me :o