Where is the code of conduct/rules for Tasbeha.org Forums?

Where can we find the rules of this forum?

I am specifically looking for what is allowed and what is not allowed here.

I'm asking because another thread was apparently closed. Stated reason: "trolling" — which appears undefined...

Can an Admin of the forums speak to this? I have only seen one around, the closer of that thread, Remnkemi.

Comments

• Why? Are you worried that you might fit the definition of "troll"?
  • There are usually FAQ/Rules/Code of Conduct/Policies as far as online communities are concerned.

If there are no written rules, then how can people know what is acceptable and what is not?

@minasoliman you might actually fit that definition better ;)
  • Very simply, by not being provocative, and by understanding this is a Coptic Orthodox site. When you introduce people to anti-Orthodox views, and you become provocative, you will be warned. You don't need written rules for this. Be respectful of where you are and make your intentions clear. Thus far, I replied to some of the posts you made because it seemed like you were endorsing atheism, and not having a certain sensitivity to the way you present your views here.

So yea, if you're worried about the definition of being a troll, then stop being one and start by being careful with what you write.
  • This is exactly what I asked for @minasoliman. It's not impossible for people have different definitions of "troll," but if you couldn't be bothered to write it down, how can people check your behavior and see if you were abiding by your own rules; simply, they can't. So thank you for taking the time to write this down.
  • There are other Christian forums that have code of conduct policies and they do not define "troll". The problem with making policies that have such detailed definitions is that there will always be people who will find loopholes to get around the rules. This is what the Jews did with the Mosaic law and that was its downfall (Romans 7). This is how many Catholics view canon law. Even with an official catechesis that lays out all Catholic law and theology, there are many who still believe and argue things not in the catechesis. There are many examples.

Forum policies and code of conduct has never stopped anyone from bad conduct or even defining bad conduct.

If you're looking for a legalistic code of behavior, you won't find it here. When we respond to questions, we always look for intentions. We always give people the benefit of the doubt initially. But if the intention was to argue in favor of sin or anti-Coptic, anti-Orthodox, or anti-Christian rhetoric, then the forum responses and the administrators' responses will change. 

In addition, why would you or anyone else need to check the behavior and intentions of the admins? Are you planning a coup? We are simply here volunteering our time as much as possible for the glory of God. If we get something wrong, says something in love, preferably in private.  

We simply like to use common sense as minasoliman described. It's a perfectly acceptable policy that actually gives people more freedom to voice their opinions, concerns and beliefs. 
  • You also closed this thread:
    https://tasbeha.org/community/discussion/16155/i-m-a-coptic-atheist-i-wrote-a-long-post-before-describing-why-i-left#latest

Not everyone is a holy crusader of god like you @Remnkemi @minasoliman It's easy to misstep as that fellow did.

"Trolling" is your own word @Remnkemi, which is why I wrote it here in this thread. So you admins should define what you consider trolling if you're going to pull the red card and say "he trolled! close thread! It looks like a dialogue that was preemptively shut down. This could be prevented in the future, and conversation can be allowed to continue instead of shut down. Methinks it's fascist to call yourself the authority, say everything is "common sense" without defining what exactly constitutes forum sin. If you want, you could say "Follow the bible or we can close your thread." I don't actually care what the rules are; but you should actually think about what offends you so much that you have no other choice but to shut down a dialogue.

Take the feedback, or you could keep on with your silly conspiracy theories about me...

• If you actually want an answer to your questions, you'll need to do a better job of reading what I wrote.

I closed that thread for many reasons:
    1. His original question was answered many times. He went past his original question and tried to argue that Coptic Orthodoxy Christianity is evil.
    2. He continued to revert to his arguments that he is a victim of everything that the Coptic Church and his Coptic parents did and refused to acknowledge any accountability for his self-admitted sins.
    3. He came to argue that accountability and seeking repentance does not conform with his ideology of "live and let live" - which is against the Christianity. Even though he denied it, he came to also try to convince people that his ideology prodigal living is correct and the Church's view is wrong.  
    4. Again even though he denied it, he came to argue in favor of atheism and refused to engage in any logical discussion. One can only conclude he did not come to engage in discussion but to prostelyze Copts. This goes back to what I said about intentions. 
    5. It reached the point that he only wanted to prove that his parents' parenting caused him to be atheist (which goes back to #1). He no longer cared how people would react to his atheism. He wanted to show people that atheism is the only solution to alleged Coptic victimization.
    6. He invalidated all Coptic theology. We are not here to argue why the Coptic Church should change its views on theology which has been around for 1500+ years. Like it or not, this is common sense. 

If you add all of these together, COMMON SENSE says it is trolling. If you don't agree with the definition of trolling, go argue with Google and every English dictionary in existence. 

The conversation was not preemptively shut down. It was shut down after however many responses that the intention of one person repeatedly arguing for atheism was challenged and the intentional disrespect to Coptic Orthodox Christianity was not tolerated. Do we really need a policy to define what atheism is and why anti-Coptic Orthodox, pro-atheism rhetoric is not appropriate in a Coptic Orthodox forum? 

"Methinks it's fascist to call yourself the authority, say everything is "common sense" without defining what exactly constitutes forum sin."
    Did I not just say that "forum policies and code of conduct has never stopped anyone from bad conduct or even defining bad conduct"? You're looking for a exhaustive list of definitions and it is not going to stop anyone from bad conduct. Case in point, you implied I am a fascist. You insinuated I have silly conspiracy theories. You accused me of some sort of sola scriptura crusade. You ignored nearly everything I wrote. Would you have changed your conduct if there was an official exhaustive list of definitions and conduct?  

If there was such an exhaustive list, and you continued in this line of accusations, you would likely have been reprimanded and your account deleted. Yet, this thread is not closed and you have freely expressed your opinions. So maybe exhaustive lists and rigid policies are not as helpful or necessary as you claim.

All of this could have been discussed in private as others have done (especially about the thread that was closed). 
  • If you actually want an answer to your questions, you'll need to do a better job of reading what I wrote.

Reading and agreeing are different things.

Do we really need a policy to define what atheism is and why
    anti-Coptic Orthodox, pro-atheism rhetoric is not appropriate in a
    Coptic Orthodox forum?

Yes.

All of this could have been discussed in private as others have done (especially about the thread that was closed).

A great reason to write down your expectations. You'll never have to explain yourself again if you simply write it down and post it for all to see.

If
    you add all of these together, COMMON SENSE says it is trolling.

This has nothing to do with the word trolling, it has to do with making your policies clear and not having to repeat yourself.

If there was such an exhaustive list, and you continued in this line of
    accusations, you would likely have been reprimanded and your account
    deleted.

If you actually had such a thing, I'd have read it and would have no need to post this topic.

I closed that thread for many reasons:.......

That's great; maybe someone will take what you've written and create a list of guidelines out of it for future forum visitors.

• voltaire said:

If you actually want an answer to your questions, you'll need to do a better job of reading what I wrote.

Reading and agreeing are different things.

Do we really need a policy to define what atheism is and why
    anti-Coptic Orthodox, pro-atheism rhetoric is not appropriate in a
    Coptic Orthodox forum?

Yes.

A great reason to write down your expectations. You'll never have to explain yourself again if you simply write it down and post it for all to see.

If
    you add all of these together, COMMON SENSE says it is trolling.

This has nothing to do with the word trolling, it has to do with making your policies clear and not having to repeat yourself.

If there was such an exhaustive list, and you continued in this line of
    accusations, you would likely have been reprimanded and your account
    deleted.

If you actually had such a thing, I'd have read it and would have no need to post this topic.

I closed that thread for many reasons:.......

That's great; maybe someone will take what you've written and create a list of guidelines out of it for future forum visitors.

A copt is only christian.If a copt leave christianity(for example convert to islam) are not Copt yet.