What will get us there?

We have the first step down -- we're all baptized, right?

Then there are simple things like follow the 10 commandments, love others as your self, love god with all your heart.

Let's say we do this (which is hard to achieve, but with God's grace though getting close to him, it is possible). Then at the same time, when we do mistakes we make sure to recognize them, repent, and then confess, then always take communion so we're not cut off from this grace.

But let's say we have a certain sin that we don't repent or confess. I'm talking about anything. For example, there's a saint who never judged a human on earth, so when he died, God didn't judge him because he never judged. There's a verse about that in the bible. But let's say we judged ppl (or we did any sin, really) and we didn't repent or confess it. But we did everything else right, does that mean we'll not go to heaven? But that's frightening. Or maybe we were negligent in service...is that reason enough to have us go to hell? Like I know that god is merciful, but I hear stories through coptic masraheyas or stuff like that where a mistake like that lead a person to hell because they didn't repent it. 

Tbh, there's only one thing that scares the living daylights out of me more than anything-- more than any natural disaster or any rated R horror movie. I'm afraid of judgment day...like what if we did something wrong and we didn't repent in time? Or what if time is up, and we lose all our chances, would we go through eternal and everlasting fire? 

Comments

• edited January 2015
    God is both just and merciful. As long as we are trying our best to live a life of holiness, are living a life of repentance and are striving to grow spiritually every day, God who is merciful will forgive us. When we receive the Absolution after confession from the priest, we hear him ask God: "if we have committed any sin against You, knowingly or unknowingly or through anguish of heart, or in deed, or in word, or from faint-heartedness, You O Master, who knows the weakness of men, as a good and loving God, grant us the forgiveness of our sins." If we have genuinely forgotten a sin we have committed and therefore do not bring it up in confession, but our intentions are otherwise full of contrition for our sins, then it will be forgiven.
  • That pretty much summed it up.

Thank you