Glorification Hymns

Hello,

I was listening to Albeir, and he said that the Glorification should not be done during the Procession but after the Absolution. So during the Procession he said there are other Hymns to be chanted and right now I'm trying to find out what hymns are chanted. If anyone can please add to the list below or fix it it would greatly appreciated.

St. Mary:
- Atai Parthenos
- Shere Maria Ti-ooro

For Martyrs:
- Pi ehlog
- Marenouonh
- Niethnos Teero

For Saints:
- Apekran

It would b great if we could get a comprhensive list of hymns to chant during the procession.

God Bless

Comments

• I have to mention that he doesn't mind doing the glorification AFTER the procession, when the deacons are back before the sanctuary.

St Mary:
    -Sunday theotokia 7th part (shere  ne maria, semouti...)
  • Thanks Mina for mentioning that, so during the procession we should say one the above hymns and then after we are back at the sanctuary we can start the Tamgeed with ekesmaroawt?

I though the 7th part was a glorification Hymn chanted during the Tamgeed?

God Bless
  • [quote author=Faithfull Servant 1 link=topic=14625.msg166022#msg166022 date=1379636680]
    Thanks Mina for mentioning that, so during the procession we should say one the above hymns and then after we are back at the sanctuary we can start the Tamgeed with ekesmaroawt?
    the whole subjective is to separate the procession from the tamgeed.

God Bless

Shashf ensob emmini is the 8th part of the theotkia...hehe.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=14625.msg166023#msg166023 date=1379637911]

God Bless

Shashf ensob emmini is the 8th part of the theotkia...hehe.

Oh right, my bad, haha... sorry!

Do you know other hymns that can be chanted for the martyrs or the saints?

God Bless
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=14625.msg166023#msg166023 date=1379637911]
    [quote author=Faithfull Servant 1 link=topic=14625.msg166022#msg166022 date=1379636680]
    Thanks Mina for mentioning that, so during the procession we should say one the above hymns and then after we are back at the sanctuary we can start the Tamgeed with ekesmaroawt?
    the whole subjective is to separate the procession from the tamgeed.

Sorry to come back to this, but do you know of any specific reason as to why it has to be separate from the procession, and why was it placed after the absolution? Are there any Theological or other meaningful reasons as to why this is the case? - I'm just curious...

God Bless