love and marriage?

Comments

• I'm all for respecting and honoring the decisions of parents but i wish we'd all stop pretending that ALL parents are perfect because they're not. They can sometimes hinder our spiritual development, and God even said that we have to leave our parents in order for us to really come to him. When you're 30 and you're interested in marrying someone, i don't care if you're a girl or guy but you'd better not get married based on what your parents say. Besides, parents usually see people on their best behavior (because nobody misbehaves in front of parents) and decide if that person is best for their child based on that. Thats completely ridiculous because you might know for a fact that that same person gets drunk every weekend but you don't want to tell your parents because then you'd make it into a huge story and embarass that person. I had a good point to make so i hope i made sense.
  • you completely made sense rita and ur completely rite...lol... :) :)...i also most of the time your parents really dont noe you...i noe that their your parents and stuff but i noe my parents donno how i am and what i lyk and dislike...meaning in guys...lol... :) :)....they could easily get distracted as soon as they here....o im a doctor, a lawyer, or wat not.....i noe they have your best interest in heart but the bottom line is you're the one whoz gonna get stuck with this person till death do you part....and thats a long time...lol...and honestly i think my parents would choose the wrong person for me...lol...but thats me :) :) :)
  • o guys i just remembered that song from married with kids...luv and marriage luv and marriage.....go together as a horse and carriage....sorry that just popped into my head...lol

Everytime I see this topic that song keeps popping up in my head...lol ;D...I thought I was the only one...lol...I quess its true we both watch too much T.V. dont we Arubaiscrazy...lol ;D

hope that doesn't happen to me, then i wouldn't be able to make it big on wallstreet

lol...You really aim high dont you...first the United Nations,now Wallstreet...who knows whats next...maybe the White House?...lol ;D
  • just a lil' too much...lol :) :)
  • lol i love that show but wow it would rly suck for any of us to have a marriage like peggy and al's lol.
    hmm the white house? perhaps... ;)

getting back to the topic! i'm glad someone agrees with me, and i most definitely would not be happy with whoever my parents pick for me. After seeing someone like once my mom starts suggesting possibilities for my brother, its just stupid!! Oh and on another note, i hate how in egypt the girls are trained to just be quiet and helpful around the house so that they could get married. They don't speak their mind at all! its like if you ask them what their favorite food is and their answer will be like "well gee, i can cook anything you want! what do u want? just tell me! i can clean too!"

had to get that out....

now you've got me thinking about the white house too... hmm...
  • only 3 more posts!!
  • happy new year! i mean yay i'm a full member!!!
  • i hate how in egypt the girls are trained to just be quiet and helpful around the house

;D Sounds great...lol...Far different from "American girls" huh?...lol

They don't speak their mind at all! its like if you ask them what their favorite food is and their answer will be like "well gee, i can cook anything you want! what do u want? just tell me! i can clean too!"

Wow! That sounds wonderful!...lol...just kidding! ;D
  • [quote author=jfranklin link=board=1;threadid=919;start=60#msg16544 date=1104267032]

o guys i just remembered that song from married with kids...luv and marriage luv and marriage.....go together as a horse and carriage....sorry that just popped into my head...lol

Everytime I see this topic that song keeps popping up in my head...lol ;D...I thought I was the only one...lol...I quess its true we both watch too much T.V. dont we Arubaiscrazy...lol ;D

hope that doesn't happen to me, then i wouldn't be able to make it big on wallstreet

lol...You really aim high dont you...first the United Nations,now Wallstreet...who knows whats next...maybe the White House?...lol ;D

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL, same herre too, for some strange reason i had to think about Bud all the time i was on tasbeha.org ::)

• i hate how in egypt the girls are trained to just be quiet and helpful around the house

Sounds great...lol...Far different from "American girls" huh?...lol

They don't speak their mind at all! its like if you ask them what their favorite food is and their answer will be like "well gee, i can cook anything you want! what do u want? just tell me! i can clean too!"

Wow! That sounds wonderful!...lol...just kidding!
    If a guy won't let me have my personality then i don't want him at all.
  • i mean i would still clean and cook and stuff, i would just talk about politics a lot more often, and argue with him when i dissagree, and do it BEFORE we get married too :o
  • otherwise, he would get married to a fake me and he'd hate the real me which would come out sooner or later.
  • i think guys should clean the house too...omg...my mother nevers askes my brothers and when im lyk no ask them...shes lyk ur the girl...this what ur supposed to do...she only says that because she noes it pisses me off...but still...lol...and rita i LUV the real you....lol :) :)
  • aww Thank you!!! ;D and ya i totally kno what you mean!
  • i mean i would still clean and cook and stuff, i would just talk about politics a lot more often, and argue with him when i dissagree, and do it BEFORE we get married too

That sounds great too!...lol ;D Men desire intellectual prowess in their woman!...lol ;D...or at least those with any sense do...lol
  • hey.....the word i was saying got stars in them...how'd that happen...lol...i was trying to say it gets me mad...lol... :) :)
  • CONGRATES RITA!!!!!!!! UR A FULL MEMBER... :-* :-* :-* ;D :D
  • my brother wants to be a monk wen he grows up but my dad completly disagrees cuz hez his only son but wen i say i wanna get married (i dont go out bluntly saying tht :) ) he says hed prefer me to be a nun. i just had to mention tht and also i never clean my room or cook something tht someone will actually eat or nething like tht yet my brother cleans 4 fun and cookz one of the best dinner :D lol
  • i think guys should clean the house too

disagree :P lol
    nah jk, i agree, actually sometimes i help cleaning the house too, can u believe it :o (well, I should help my mum ;))
  • awwwww you say mum and not mom, thats so european. i wanna go to europe :(
  • lol, europe is cool :D
    oh wait, i live there :P
  • :)

lol, europe is cool
    oh wait, i live there

Your too modest...lol ;D
  • lol jk of course
    i was thinking, if everybody thinks europe is so cool and all, why not have the tasbeha.org members convention (that will never take place ;D) here in europe? this way everybody gets to see europe ;)

and all can have milk and cookies at my place lol :D
  • :)

I would love to see the city of Budapest and other parts of central and eastern Europe.One day!God willing! ;)
  • Mark 243 is TOTALLY wrong and i am a child lol if you get married without love what is the point of getting married so you need to love someone first before you get married and my answer for that question the guy celeremendo or whatever his name wrote is that you can get married with a girl or boy in a different culture but you first have to ask her to change her religion and go to your religion O.K. I hope i helped and please try and take my advice because just becasue I am a child it doesn't mean I can't give Great Advice like the one I just gave to you right now.
    Please correct me if I am wrong Bye.
  • i actually think love is a thing that is usually mixed with falling in love, loving someone is to do loving things, it's the feeling that makes u not yell or hit the person, even if ur totally pissed and annoyed and the other did something that drove u mad lol, love is to be able to give away what belongs to u.

U can't love someone deeply before getting married, because it's one of these things that gradually grow. Love is necessary however, but i guess in the beginning it's more of a shallow love, the romantic "Ow-he-looks-so-cute-in-his-smoking" kind of love ;D

ps sorry if i repeated anything said before, i was too lazy to read it all lol
  • why'd you say its "HE looks so cute" and not "SHE looks so cute" when guys are way more shallow than girls. If you're getting married based on just looks then its lust not love and you're making a HUGE mistake, thats why you have to spend a lot of time with the person, WITHOUT being engaged because engagement is what happens when you KNOW you're gonna get married, not when you're still getting to know eachother.
    ok i'm done.
  • lol, ok, u win

guys are shallow, but girls are shallow as well

if you're getting married based on just looks then its lust not love and you're making a HUGE mistake

i agree, i didnt mean otherwise, sorry if i made it look like that.
    The only point i was trying to make is that it's impossible to really love someone deeply before entering marriage, because it's something that u build over years, nothing more ;)