Aretenthonti

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi,
Does anyone know when this hymn is said ? I hear during vespers and matins of siam el kebir and maybe during kiahk, but I'm not sure, and I don't know when during these prayers it's said

Comments

• It is the 8th part of the Saturday Theotokoa. It is said, in the long known tune, during Kiahk and Lent.
  • So we say the first 7 in the normal tune, then the 8th with the ten theeno tune, and the 9th normally ?
  • Aretenthounti, is like ten theno but it differs in areas. It has a piece of it that repeats however the hymn itself changes many times. It is said during vespers praises during Kiahk and great lent but can be said during annual days if you have time. It is the same tune as Tigalilea and Pioai evol from the tuesday and wednesday theotokias. To answer your question, yes you say the first 7 normally and the 8th long and then the 9th normally. However, during kiahk and lent, there is a special tune for the watos theotokia anyway. So it fits with the hymn
  • [quote author=toitoi link=topic=14304.msg163622#msg163622 date=1362437862]
    So we say the first 7 in the normal tune, then the 8th with the ten theeno tune, and the 9th normally ?

well....you say the rest of the parts into seyami tune and this one is special....or you can just continue with the tune of the theotokia.
  • [quote author=dg920 link=topic=14304.msg163623#msg163623 date=1362438199]
    Aretenthounti, is like ten theno but it differs in areas. It has a piece of it that repeats however the hymn itself changes many times. It is said during vespers praises during Kiahk and great lent but can be said during annual days if you have time. It is the same tune as Tigalilea and Pioai evol from the tuesday and wednesday theotokias. To answer your question, yes you say the first 7 normally and the 8th long and then the 9th normally. However, during kiahk and lent, there is a special tune for the watos theotokia anyway. So it fits with the hymn

who says you can chant it in annual days?
  • In albeirs album he mentions that it is. And being that it is like all the other hymns, such as Teoi el kebeera, and The great hoos, and tenen, and al el 3asr etc., which can be said annually, if there is enough time. It fits the same criteria. I mean they are all part of the same structure. So for example teoi is part of the sunday theotokia and so if one were to learn it if there was enough time it can be said considering that it also takes the annual long one as a piece of it. So it goes along with the same structure.
  • actually, in aretinthonti, the structure is a little different...i wouldn't liken it with Teoi enhikanous (which is was surprised to see a psalmody that categories it as a fully separate hymn from the sunday throtokia and not just the 10th, i think, part of the theotokia). in aretinthonti, every 8th part of the WATOS theotokia of the week. is supposed to be said in that tune during kiahk and lent (recordings of m fahim and tawfik were specifically recorded in the kiahk rite set)
  • yes im aware but the issue is not where its recorded, its that the reason for the recording is because its said then usually because of the time. Tenen for example can be said at anytime. Its a psali for the 3 Youths that was written by the same person at the same time as airbsalin. And in many psalmodies its said that it can be said at anytime. Although usually its said during kiahk and bright saturday because it is special and long so it requires a sahra.
  • Personally, I am against this whole movement of generalizing when to say things.

Tenen was not written by Fr Sarkis who wrote Aripsalin. They don't go together. It is a separate hymn from Aripsalin which is an psali.
  • I think it is written in one of my psalmodys that it is but ill double check. In the psalmody also i believe it says it is written in the same style of some coptic some greek shweya men dah we shweya men dah. but again i  might be wrong. Its not necessarily generalizing. Many people say that tenen is only kiahk and bright saturday but all the muallemeen recorded tenen in the Annual Tasbeha. Same thing Evol hiten maria. Many people say it should only be said during kiahk. But then there are recordings of it in albums for the annual tasbeha.
  • [quote author=dg920 link=topic=14304.msg163634#msg163634 date=1362443855]
    I think it is written in one of my psalmodys that it is but ill double check. In the psalmody also i believe it says it is written in the same style of some coptic some greek shweya men dah we shweya men dah. but again i  might be wrong. Its not necessarily generalizing. Many people say that tenen is only kiahk and bright saturday but all the muallemeen recorded tenen in the Annual Tasbeha. Same thing Evol hiten maria. Many people say it should only be said during kiahk. But then there are recordings of it in albums for the annual tasbeha.

Tenen is special.....it's not only coptic and greek but a couple of other dialects. Remenkimi should have more info. yes, cantors recorded in annual set but so they then say to say it on bright saturday and kiahk. most books do the same. evol hetin maria elkebera is the one that cantors recorded in kiahk's set