Is it ever possible to know if God did not plan you to be rich your way?

edited January 2013 in Faith Issues
I have worries about if I have little money then what

Can a life can be wasted trying to be something you were never meant to be your way or in your timing or not understanding how blessed you are or the way to truly be happy without trying to make billions or millions or a million
? I say this because to some people God willed for them to be disabled physically or blind. What if being rich involved trusting all the time that your labors will not go to waste even if it seems unnecessary to labor at a certain hour because there is only a 1 hour break? what if it took obedience and not your own common sense? are you willing to accept that lifestyle?

How do you trust that God will take care of your children if you are not rich but accept an average happy life?

who knows the secret to success? those who know do not share I am not telling them to share but a life is sometimes wasted because of pursuing something that will never happen your way or done in ignorance
the secret to success is hard work according to solomon but some do not share that wisdom got from their hard work

"guard your heart for out of it spring the issues of life"

I apologise for this difficult post to read it has to be my most confusing post so only the capable should reply I wanted to include several things

perhaps some were never meant to be rich but then how will children be provided for? I doubt God ever would allow someone righeous to be without peace and happiness about their life

Comments

• Then He said to His disciples, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on.
    Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing.
    Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds.
    And which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
    If you then are not able to do the least, why are you anxious for the rest?
    Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
    If then God so clothes the grass, which today is in the field and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith?
    And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the  nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you. Luk 12:22-28

Cyril of Alexandria: How carefully and with what great skill he brings the lives of the holy apostles to spiritual excellence. And with them he benefits us too, because he desires all humankind to be saved and to choose the wise and more excellent life. For this reason he makes them abandon unnecessary anxiety and does not allow a careworn and frenetic diligence that would make them wish to gather what exceeds their necessities. In these matters excess adds nothing to our benefit. “Do not be anxious,” therefore, he says, “about your life, what you shall eat, nor about your body, what you shall put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing.” He did not simply say, “Do not be anxious,” but added “about your life,” that is, do not give much attention to these things, but devote your earnestness to things of far greater importance. For life indeed is of more importance than food, and the body is more important than clothing. Since, therefore, we are at risk concerning both life and body, and pain and punishment are decreed against those who will not live uprightly, let all anxiety be laid aside with regard to clothing and food….
    These things, in turn, are followed immediately by a savage crowd of other desires, the result being apostasy from God…. It is our duty, therefore, to stay away from all worldly desires, and rather to take delight in those things which please God.
  • you replied too fast

I was going to say that I am not trying to discourage getting rich but getting it your way.
    The scriptures are very clear that God does not despise you for having advanced needs
    "what father of you if his son asks for bread will give him a serpent"
    everywhere it says God blesses. He said to bless our enemy.
    He blessed those israelites but then they became undeserving
    give and it will be given to you
    here it shows that God even gives
    "you have not because you ask amiss that you may spend it on your pleasures"
    many people are not rich because they are disobedient (God makes his sun rise on the good and the evil) and they bury their talents in the ground consider job the righteous and the good farmer
    beloved I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health
    the children of this world are more shrewd in their generation than the children of light
  • I apologise for my harsh reply I guess those passages do not seem all so wrong

so I can pursue my engineering degree working as much as possible without worry about my childrens physical and spiritual well being due to having no money?

• right now it is late at night and I would rather play a game and sleep then waste hours trying to study when I am not in the best shape to work and feel like sinning and possibly sleep and wake up very late but this is all due to me not understanding how to use night study properly probably
    if I stay up till 8 am it is 1:30 am now and sleep till 2 pm it might work
  • are some people going to become lost binC because they don't want to see me rich and them not? after judging them as lazy? and allowing everyone to judge them?
    so I can't even get help without making someone lost?

•   Are you saying they will be lost because they are judging you Mike?

I hope you are able to think only about what you are doing without being involved in their thoughts. It will do you no good to worry about them Mike.

It is like the temptation of sin. The best way is to avoid the sin, then you won't be tempted.
      Avoidance may be hard, but you can try to do your best.  Pray on it every day.

Prayer is so important.

You can't avoid the people, but you can look at anything said, if not correct, as coming from suspicion or fear. To say they are in sin would be wrong and it would be the same for you. 
  • No not because they are judging me but because I have wiesel my way to get rich by convincing people they should help me and gave the impression I am more holy than others so I am rich by that

•   Your way was free will Mike. You would have to understand what has happened in your life and why and what you have done with the free will to come out of that situation to then follow God's will.

Example: If parents wanted someone to be successful but they are lazy. Then these things might pull them in two different directions. Success might mean being rich, but behind it was the laziness, so the person tried to get rich by fooling others.
      The sin of being lazy or sloth is that it does not have discipline while trying to be successful needs a great deal of discipline.

It is like obeying two masters when to take the confusion out would be to follow God's will and that is for the remission of the sin of sloth and then once that is done the person can decide whether or not trying to be rich is righteous.
      For me, it wouldn't be because it is part of this world and if I was to do it, then I would pay tithes accordingly.