Pope Tawadros officially authorises CopticWorld...

edited September 2013 in Coptic Orthodox Church

Comments

• I think the simple answer is that just as all priests report to a diocesan bishop, all bishops report to the archbishop, HH Pope Tawadrous.
  • The Holy Synod as a whole has supremacy which headed by the Pope. There are many issues we are having for not having the right management system. This is what what are trying toestablish. A system to be able to simply "count" and percentage of the congregation...youth...deacons...and their status. These are sometimes needed for the pope to use, being the head of the Church on earth.
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=14153.msg162657#msg162657 date=1358148114]
    [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=14153.msg162655#msg162655 date=1358147350]
    These are sometimes needed for the pope to use, being the head of the Church on earth.

:o Christ is the head of the Church on Earth.

But Christ does NOT deal directly with the flock in a form that we SEE and BEHoLD....He instituted a priesthood to shepherded His people to Him. He put the in hierarchical positions. He gave the keys of heaven ; to loosen and bounds sins that He only can forgive. They are a symbol for Him in different way....the pope is the head of Christ's Church on earth.
  • This is just another way to get more people using copticworld.org

CopticWorld has not been shaping out to be what it was intended to be -- they've become a quick news source for events in Egypt, though they initially desired to be a networking site for Copts. This latest move seems to be a step in their original direction.

• [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=14153.msg162658#msg162658 date=1358150362]
    [quote author=qawe link=topic=14153.msg162657#msg162657 date=1358148114]
    [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=14153.msg162655#msg162655 date=1358147350]
    These are sometimes needed for the pope to use, being the head of the Church on earth.

:o Christ is the head of the Church on Earth.

But Christ does NOT deal directly with the flock in a form that we SEE and BEHoLD....He instituted a priesthood to shepherded His people to Him. He put the in hierarchical positions. He gave the keys of heaven ; to loosen and bounds sins that He only can forgive. They are a symbol for Him in different way....the pope is the head of Christ's Church on earth.

There is one body of Christ, His Church, and there is only ONE Church in heaven and earth and in the whole universe. The head of this ONE body is the Lord Jesus Christ. There is no other head.

The Pope can never be and will never be a head of the Church.

He is be the administrative lead or primate of the duties and work of priesthood, and he most definitely has the keys to heaven and the rest of authority befitting his episcopal rank, just like all the other  bishops who are EQUAL to the Pope in rank, but he is not equal to the Lord Christ and he cannot be the head of the Church. 

Only one Church, only one Body, only one Head, only one Christ.
  • Oddly enough, both copticworld.org and copticpope.org claim to be THE official web site for H.H. Pope Tawadros.
  • I've been following the progress of CopticWorld for the past 6 years and they have done massive steps over the past year.
    I think the dream of having a website that can be helpful for the Coptic Church as a whole is important. I see their vision.
    I wrote a blog post back in 2008 on how the Coptic Church can benefit from online networking http://blog.micmek.com/2008/06/18/copic-social-networking/

A group of us in Australia have decided to offer our time, service and efforts in building a networking site with that vision. To have a tool for the church and the servants that serve the congregation of the church. The project is called HisVine
    We have been working on this project for the past 2 years and by the Grace of God it is growing very rapidly and turning out to be a very fruitful project.

It has amazing features not seen in the Coptic Community before.. such as, finding any liturgy details around your city and eventually the world, taking attendance for youth groups, online camp registration forms. These are just a small handful of the large amount of features it has and it is growing more every day.
    If you haven't heard about it check it out by going to www.HisVine.com.
    Unfortunately it doesn't have a global team of servants working on it, so most probably anyone outside of Sydney has not heard about it. It needs more help from the US and UK.
    If you are interested in helping out with this service or wanting to find out more about it please feel send me a message and I would be more than happy to assist.
    Please pray for me