Kiahk Communion Hymns

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Does anyone know where can I find the text for: Efemepsha Ghar in Arabic, and the madiae7a for each week (In English and Arabic)? They are not in the Hymn lyrics library.

On another note, when do we say the General Conclusion Canon and when do we say Afjoust `nje V] pinayt?

Comments

• St Mark COC Jersey City's new book has everything you're looking for (and more).

Technically, Afjoust `nje Vnou] in the Tartib al-baia was said for Vespers on the second week of Kiahk. There are other conclusion canons for Kiahk (including that week). At some point, Afjoust `nje Vnou] became the "alternative" conclusion for the Kiahk liturgies. So as of now, you can say either conclusion canon (as well as Praxis responses and Gospel responses).
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=14046.msg162141#msg162141 date=1356122073]
    St Mark COC Jersey City's new book has everything you're looking for (and more).

Technically, Afjoust `nje Vnou] in the Tartib al-baia was said for Vespers on the second week of Kiahk. There are other conclusion canons for Kiahk (including that week). At some point, Afjoust `nje Vnou] became the "alternative" conclusion for the Kiahk liturgies. So as of now, you can say either conclusion canon (as well as Praxis responses and Gospel responses).

I was looking for something online, but thanks anyways.

You can say the Praxis responses and the Gospel responses instead of the concluding canon? O.o
  • [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=14046.msg162142#msg162142 date=1356122365]
    You can say the Praxis responses and the Gospel responses instead of the concluding canon? O.o

I think he meant you can choose to say any of the alternate Praxis responses and Gospel responses respectively in their own places.
  • [quote author=JG link=topic=14046.msg162144#msg162144 date=1356130668]
    [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=14046.msg162142#msg162142 date=1356122365]

I think he meant you can choose to say any of the alternate Praxis responses and Gospel responses respectively in their own places.

OHH ok. Thanks JG
  • [quote author=JG link=topic=14046.msg162144#msg162144 date=1356130668]
    [quote author=Copticandproud link=topic=14046.msg162142#msg162142 date=1356122365]

actually.....even the praxis responses.....there are specific ones for every single week. it's not just an extra Archangel Gabriel one.