Advent hymns only during Kiahk

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Why are the advent hymns only prayed during the month of Kiahk? Why aren't the hymns extended from the start of the fast? What is the difference between the month of Kiahk and the fast for the hymns to be assigned to Kiahk?

Comments

• Haha I wondered this too! Though it does build up the eagerness for those 4 weeks of Kiahk.
  • Food doesn't have anything to do with rites. Although we're fasting first-degree in Lent, we celebrate a major Lordly feast in Palm Sunday. Kiahk hymns were made for Kiahk, not the fast.. advent term is deceiving because it may actually refer to Christmas rites in some churches
    oujai
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=13869.msg161138#msg161138 date=1352791776]
    Food doesn't have anything to do with rites. Although we're fasting first-degree in Lent, we celebrate a major Lordly feast in Palm Sunday. Kiahk hymns were made for Kiahk, not the fast.. advent term is deceiving because it may actually refer to Christmas rites in some churches
    oujai

But every fast, feast, every period in the church has its own rites and hymns...except the first two weeks of the Advent Fast. It just doesn't make sense to me how we are fasting but everything is annual tuned and hymned. It just seems out of place. I know we do everything for a reason in the church, so what is the reason for assigning hymns to just the month rather than the whole fast, which also sounds farfetched if you are looking at the rites of all the fasts.