When the 118th Pope is selected...

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
When the 117th Successor to the See of St. Mark is selected from the Altar Lot, what do we say for parts of the hymns that has the pope (hitenia, piehmot ghar,etc)? Do we do what we've been doing for the past months (say Anba Pakhomius), the selected pope (Anba Rophail/Anba Tawadros/Abouna Rafail), or do we just not say anything? Do we still say that part to pray for the repose of the reposed patriarch at the end of the Commemoration of the Saints?

I think we still say what we've been saying until the selected successor is officially consecrated in the next 2 weeks (because what if there is a name change?), but i really dont know and living in the US, there's Liturgy a couple hours after the Altar Lot, and I don't want to mess up lol.

I know this post is a bit late, but it would really be great if someone could reply soon. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• The responses should be as you have been saying it until the pope is enthroned on the 18th God willing.
  • Did you guys just see the security measures taken to ensure everyone knows that the lot was clean??!!! So many precautions taken. It makes me so amazed to see how well we can actually plan something out!!

Awesome!
  • [quote author=ReturnOrthodoxy link=topic=13826.msg160874#msg160874 date=1352009774]
    Did you guys just see the security measures taken to ensure everyone knows that the lot was clean??!!! So many precautions taken. It makes me so amazed to see how well we can actually plan something out!!

Awesome!

Yeah that's right.  And we can all see the altar lot in a small corner at the bottom of the screen throughout the WHOLE liturgy!
  • Hey at what time will the pope be selected?? After or while the Holy Liturgy or what?
  • A new era for our church! HGB Tawadros will be seated as our 118 patriarch!

RO
  • Feel a rush of happiness and overwhelming pride in having witnessed the election of the new Patriarch of the See of St.Mark. May God bless his Church and his people and the Pope with peace for many years and pleasant times.
  • And what led you to that conclusion?
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=13826.msg160890#msg160890 date=1352026951]
    Also, does anyone have a video of when they were putting the names into the balls?
    Thanks
    why on earth does it matter? They showed all the names after anyway. It wasn't rigged.
  • [quote author=qawe link=topic=13826.msg160892#msg160892 date=1352029988]
    [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13826.msg160891#msg160891 date=1352029841]
    [quote author=qawe link=topic=13826.msg160890#msg160890 date=1352026951]
    Also, does anyone have a video of when they were putting the names into the balls?
    Thanks
    why on earth does it matter? They showed all the names after anyway. It wasn't rigged.

Yes, I am convinced now, after I made a slow motion version of the altar lot.
    It just happened so quickly and the CTV camera angle was quite poor.

Axios Axios Axios (in two sundays time)
    what part of it was rigged?
  • Yeah I thought that at first but then I realized he just simply guided the boys hand into the bowl. He mixed all the balls too.
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13826.msg160893#msg160893 date=1352031093]
    [quote author=qawe link=topic=13826.msg160892#msg160892 date=1352029988]
    [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=13826.msg160891#msg160891 date=1352029841]
    [quote author=qawe link=topic=13826.msg160890#msg160890 date=1352026951]
    Thanks

Yes, I am convinced now, after I made a slow motion version of the altar lot.
    It just happened so quickly and the CTV camera angle was quite poor.

Axios Axios Axios (in two sundays time)
    what part of it was rigged?
    He is saying that he is convinced that it was not rigged.
  • Back to the original topic...

His Grace Bishop Youssef (Southern US Diocese):

He told the priests to pray the liturgy regularly, without mentioning anyone as pope until the enthronement, and later added this:
    "We say 'remember O Lord the Soul of... grant to appoint to us a good shepherd...'
    Although we know now who he is but we still pray that he will be a good shepherd."