Prayer Please

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
I need prayers please. I feel like I am losing the tiny bit of spirituality that I have. I am trying to find reasons to not fast Wednesdays and Fridays anymore. I am trying to do what everyone else does with the excuse that it is not fair that I am the only one who is doing the right thing. What makes the situation worse, is that these thoughts only come when no one is watching. Like for example, I would never think of eating meat when I am hanging out with friends on Wednesdays or Fridays. It is like I worry about what people think more than what God thinks. Please remember me in your prayers that God may strengthen me through my temptation.

Thank you!

Comments

• I don't know if this helps or not,but know that you are not alone in your thoughts .
    Remember that the devil works hard to break us especially when he see's our continuous conviction.
    I guess we should care most about He who watches over us all the time even in our solitude,more than the people who see us a couple of minutes or hours  through out the day.I say this as a reminder for me more than it is to you.
    You are in my prayers,keep me in yours.
    The love of the Lord be with us all.
    God Bless!

• Thank you :D
  • Try reading Words Of Spiritual Benefit by HH Pope Shenouda III

heres the link to the first one if you need the other ones google it
    http://www.stmarknc.us/Words of Spiritual Benefit v1.pdf