St. Mary

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I just wanted to mention that today (21st of Bashans) is the birthday celebration of the lady of us all, the Virgin Saint Mary!...yayyy!!

our church celebrates the birthday of only two saints.. St. Mary and St. John the Baptist... cool huh?

Comments

• hi
    Yes
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ST.MARY.
    that's right.
    And yesterday was the Martyrdom of Saint Marcos.
    Pray 4 me.
  • comment on St.John. we all know he is the 2nd holy saint after Saint Mary. How come we barely celebrate him. do u get what i mean?
  • :DHappy Birthday, ST. MARY! :D (isn't it so cool her birthday's on the same day as mother's day?)
  • very fitting... since she is THE mom..hehehe
  • this month is a very spiritual month, we celebrate st george, st mark, st mary, st john its awsome
    very joyful:D
  • hi
    And we celebrate St.Athanacioc.
    Yeah very cool.
    :D
  • [glow=red,2,300]Happy Mother's Day Holy Theotokos![/glow]

Thank You for saying yes to God and bringing Jesus to the world! "All generations shall call me blessed!" (Luke 1:48).
  • comment on St.John. we all know he is the 2nd holy saint after Saint Mary. How come we barely celebrate him. do u get what i mean?

well we celebrate the feast of saint john 2 times a year, and if you really push it, you can say 3. the first one is the first Sunday of the coptic new year, when we read all the readings about saint john. The second one is the one that passed recently. The third one, which only a few people consider a feast for saint john is Epiphany. It really isn't a feast for Saint John because Epiphany is one of the Major Feasts of the Lord, but Saint John is remembered a lot because he's the one that baptized Our Saviour. And also, on the feasts of most other saints (Saint Thomas is an exception lol), they don't have a whole gospel reading for them. So he gets a lot more credit than other ones do. anyway, this isn't anything i read or any of that, just observations. anyway, ttyl and if any of this is wrong, i'd be pleased if somebody corrects me. thanks