The St. Demiana Add-On

edited June 2012 in Random Issues
Okay, so i have made a new program (this time made in java so it is os friendly), and all it basically does is help you get help anonymously. I have known of situations in which people here are known by others in the "real" world and so they can't post confidently knowing that they will be anonymous and nobody will know. Also, it is for people in general who want to use it for a more personal touch, or they simply just can't post there specific issue here. That is why I made the St. Demiana Helper which is basically like a little form you fill out with your problem and you also post the method by which you want to be contacted by (email), and this is a very fast method and will continually be faster as we get more operators to check on requests and inquiries.

The program is safe, and it will work on any os from linux-windows, therefore, it works on Linux (if any of you are hardcore like that :) ) and MACINTOSH, and WINDOWS, so it will work for everybody. This time it is ONE file, there isn't a dll, it is just a .jar that you can open like an program by double clicking.

Please post feedback whether positive or negative and i will be happy to address them.

Keep in mind that this program will be continually updated over time.

Also IF you would like to be a part of the operator program in which you answer questions just pm me, and i will get you setup.

Here is the download: http://www.tasbeha.net84.net//St_Demiana_Problem_Helper/St_Demiana_Helper.jar

Comments

• I think you should coordinate with the tasbeha.org people, create an account called "Anonymous" on the site, and make it so the program posts on the forum the question. You know?

I go in the program, I write my problem/question, it posts it on tasbeha.org forums under the user "Anonymous," and everyone can answer. That way the seeker doesn't need to put their email (for example, my email is morcousw at gmail.com... it's pretty obvious who that is), and everyone can contribute, and everyone can benefit from the answers.

However, excellent work :)
  • [quote author=morcousw link=topic=13386.msg156538#msg156538 date=1339306827]
    I think you should coordinate with the tasbeha.org people, create an account called "Anonymous" on the site, and make it so the program posts on the forum the question. You know?

I go in the program, I write my problem/question, it posts it on tasbeha.org forums under the user "Anonymous," and everyone can answer. That way the seeker doesn't need to put their email (for example, my email is morcousw at gmail.com... it's pretty obvious who that is), and everyone can contribute, and everyone can benefit from the answers.

However, excellent work :)

Hmm, i see what you mean.... That's a good point. But the administrators will not be able to do it because they didn't write the forum. It's called smf forum and in order for them to even think about adding a feature like that they have to filter through thousands of lines of code so i highly doubt they will do something like that.

And i intended for the program to be somewhere other than here, but i also posted it here for the people that were interested in it. I totally see the big loop whole in posting it here though.

Thanks for pointing that out.