Candidates for the Papacy Update

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Christ is Risen!

Can someone post updates here when they come out from the synod please? These long arabic interviews with the Bishops is kind of boring especially since I don't understand most of what they are saying. I am sure this will also be a help to the non-egyptians too. Thanks.

Comments

• I heard that the release of the names will be postponed.

RO
  • I just watched Anba Benyamin's video. The important things:

- They are still accepting nominations till the 19th. After that, the committee will make sure that all nominations are qualified. After the names will be released.
    - They extended the deadline of registration for the voters till end of june i think.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=13318.msg155689#msg155689 date=1337278867]
    I just watched Anba Benyamin's video. The important things:

- They are still accepting nominations till the 19th. After that, the committee will make sure that all nominations are qualified. After the names will be released.
    - They extended the deadline of registration for the voters till end of june i think.

actaully the dead line is this Saturday to wait untill the end of june is way to long... the "substitute" pope or Ka3em makam is only allowed to be the ka3em makam for 2 months then they pick the new Pope. its almost 2 months now so it should be soon.
  • [quote author=markmarcos link=topic=13318.msg155706#msg155706 date=1337296020]

actaully the dead line is this Saturday to wait untill the end of june is way to long... the "substitute" pope or Ka3em makam is only allowed to be the ka3em makam for 2 months then they pick the new Pope. its almost 2 months now so it should be soon.

The deadline of nominating clergymen for the position. But not registering to vote for those who are eligible. Also, this is the first time I hear that about qaem maqam..... According to my knowledge, as long as the throne is empty, the qaem maqam is in charge. That can be as long as it needs to be.