todays gosple...

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
todat the gosple was about jesus meetin the samaritain woman. in the begining of the gosple it tells us that disiples were not with jesus because they went into the city to get food so... how did the st.john know about this insident with the samaritan woman ? he wasn't with christ.

Comments

• [quote author=markmarcos link=topic=13277.msg155298#msg155298 date=1336336809]
    todat the gosple was about jesus meetin the samaritain woman. in the begining of the gosple it tells us that disiples were not with jesus because they went into the city to get food so... how did the st.john know about this insident with the samaritan woman ? he wasn't with christ.

That's a very good observation. Good eye.

You have to remember that St. John didn't write the Gospel. It was the Holy Spirit who wrote it through him.
  • in the end of the gospel (later in the ch if not chanted in the gospel): 28 The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men, 29 "Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?" 30 Then they went out of the city and came to Him.

So if Christ wouldn't of told the disciples what happened, than they would of known from other people that heard the Samaritan.
  • The story continues by saying that the disciples came back to Jesus (John 4:31) and that Jesus and His disciples stayed with the Samaritans for 2 days (John 4:40). In those 2 days, Jesus preached to them and the people of Sychar believed that He is truly the Christ the Savior of the world. We can assume than within those 2 days, the disciples heard about what happened with the Samaritan woman while they were gone. Most of the city was talking about what happened between Jesus and the Samaritan woman (John 4:39) so it was not hard for them to know the whole story. And of course, we can not forget what our Lord told us, that the Holy Spirit will "bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." (John 14:26) So we can assume that the disciples knew the story when they came back to the city.

I hope this helped. Pray for me.
  • thanks every one.makes sence  :) ! Christos anesty ! / Christos aftonf