Al elasr - who should I learn it from

Hey, I was just wandering wether anyone new who should i learn the last verse of the fourth hoos from.... Higher Institue Recording or Cantor Gad Lewis??? Because i listened to them both and they have a difference in them...

Comments

• I am not aware of the difference and I have not listened to the recordings. However, I have learned the standard for hymns is the Higher institute and to always learn from them.

Please correct me if I am wrong for my benefit and those of others.

Please pray for me.
  • Ibrahim is pretty accurate for Al el 3asr. You can go with him for that one. The ma3hads recording isnt the greatest and neither is Gads on this one
  • I believe in Higher Institute's Kiahk Recordings the hymn is sung by M. Tewfik. M. Tewfik does it in the Moharraq way, while the Cairene version is significantly different. Personally, I learned HCOC's way, which is identical to Ibrahim Ayad's way. I haven't heard Gad Lewis but I would not be surprised if it is identical to the other Cairene versions.
  • Gad learned only a few things from Tawfik. Gad is always a very good source. However with this hymn specifically his recording isnt nice and it isnt completely accurate. Ibo for this one, since there arent any discrepancies in pronunciation is awesome.
  • Do you have a link or recording by Ayad for Al el 3asr?? If you do plz send it to me!!
  • Just out of curosity, why doesn't anyone want to learn it from HCOC? It is identical to Ibo and their recordings are professionally done. The only recording I heard from Ibo is on the Lent Vespers he did on CTV a few years back. I don't know if he actually recorded it in any of his teaching series. HCOC did.

Am I missing something here?
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=13275.msg155352#msg155352 date=1336480180]
    Just out of curosity, why doesn't anyone want to learn it from HCOC? It is identical to Ibo and their recordings are professionally done. The only recording I heard from Ibo is on the Lent Vespers he did on CTV a few years back. I don't know if he actually recorded it in any of his teaching series. HCOC did.

Am I missing something here?

it's a personal vendetta against HCOC....LOL

Ibrahim Ayad recorded the right of Kiahk Vespers Praise sometime ago....he recorded alli el-asr in it.
  • Do you have the Kiahk Vesper rite by Ibrahim Ayad here?
  • [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=13275.msg155361#msg155361 date=1336485517]
    Do you have the Kiahk Vesper rite by Ibrahim Ayad here?

nope. in that entire set, m.Ibrahim uses GB to it's extent. Maria, not Mareyya, dthoxologia not dthoxologeyya and similar work. oh, and my favorite mistake. EKK-nomia rather than e-ko-nomia. All the coptic parts are just destroyed in that set of recording. So Mike Sleman choose not to upload it.  :)