Can someone please explain pascha?

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
I'm not sure exactly the order of things and which hours we do and what we read? Would someone kindly take the time to explain this to me? I'm sure many have the same question :) Thank-you and God bless you this Pascha Week.

Comments

• Each day from Monday to Thursday, there 10 total hours; there are 5 hours for the day prayers and 5 for the "evening of" prayers.
    In both cases the hours are : 1st, 3rd, 6th, 9th and the 11th.
    On Palm Sunday (7 hours) and Good Friday (6 hours), the schedule is altered.
    Each hour consists of a prophecy reading from the old testament, the paschal doxology said 12 times, a psalm sung in the paschal tune and the gospel with a concluding homily or commentary on the readings of the hour. On Good Friday, hymns (such as the triagson in paschal tune) are added to the hours as well as additional reading.
    Each set of hours is concluded with litanies.
    The priest may add a sermon as well.
    Hope this helps. Here is a link to the whole pascha order:
    http://suscopts.org/stpishoynashville/pascha book.pdf
  • Every day of Pascha week there are two services: The Morning Service and the Evening Service of each day of the week. For example, today is Monday of Holy Pascha Week so in the morning we prayed The Hours of Monday and at night we prayed the Hours of the Eve of Tuesday. (In the church, the day begins with the night before, which is why we pray the Eve of Tuesday on Monday night. This is like the idea of Christmas and Christmas Eve, the night before Christmas.) 

Each service for Pascha has several canonical hours: First, Third, Sixth, Ninth, and Eleventh (We also add the Twelfth Hour on The Eve of Good Friday and Good Friday)

Each hour is composed of the following:
    1. Prophesies from the Old Testament
    2. The Doxology of Pascha (Thine is the power...)(said 12 times)
    3. Psalm in the tune of Ke Eperto
    4. The Hymn Ke Eperto (can be said quickly or in its known tune)
    5. Psalm Reading
    6. Gospel Reading
    7. Gospel Response (In the name of the Trinity...)
    8. Exposition (Explanation of the Readings of the Hour)
    9. Exposition Response (Christ our Saviour...)

Now at the end of each hour during the Morning Service, there are several prayer and prostrations called the Daytime Litanies. A similar prayer is prayed at the end of the Eleventh Hour of the Evening Service but does not have prostrations, it is called the Nighttime Litanies.

I hope this helped.
    May God Bless this Holy Pascha of our Lord and may He grant us to see the joy of His Holy Resurrection.
    Please pray for me.